Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 07:13 PM

Re: Cold Hard Facts Regarding Brexit.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Argumentum ad populum, in english, even if 17,4 mln. people say something stupid, it still is a stupid thing to do.
Populism is the name that the liberal - left and The Establishment give to democracy when they don't get the results they want
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
We Are not talking about 17.4m people being stupid

Were talking about 650 numpties who make up the UK Parliament who should have been giving the tossers across the channel the kicking of their life and explaining in words of one syllable that you do it our way or you get a bloody nose
Would that be your way to close trade deals with other countries: give us a profitable deal or get a bloody nose.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 07:17 PM

Hi

We do not have a good hand to play.

I have no regard for Boris and others who sit on the sidelines and moan yet who are not prepared to take over and deliver on their promises.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 07:32 PM

Would that be your way to close trade deals with other countries: give us a profitable deal or get a bloody nose.
Of course not Solasch, that would be as as bad as if the EU said to the UK, "It doesn't matter what you ask for, the answer will always be NO! you are going to be punished for leaving, starting with a £40billion bill for absolutely nothing. More S..t to come your way soon"

Oh, wait a minute...............
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 07:42 PM

I think events will quickly unfold within the next 48 hours. We cannot carry on like this. We certainly can't continue to give in to blackmail and extortion by the EU and we cannot just let Theresa May walk us into the trap that she has obviously planned ahead with the Commission with the help of her puppet, Ollie Robbins.
Is it any wonder Raab is furious at all the double-dealing that has been going on behind his back and being deliberately kept out of the picture with negotiations.

Once a Remainer, always a Remainer. The woman must go.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 08:00 PM

It was never going to be easy to extricate ourselves from an organisation that had no interest in assisting our departure from the protectionist club that is the EU .

It was made impossible when the man some call 'Rasputin' Oliver Robbins tore up the white paper David Davis had spent 2 years compiling and introduced his own plan during the Chequers weekend.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 08:21 PM

Watching BBC children in need. These kids are your proud future. Luckily you are the past.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 08:30 PM

Watching BBC children in need. These kids are your proud future. Luckily you are the past.
I don't think my 5 grandchildren would agree with you.
They are my proud future and I want the best for them and that doesn't include living under the dictatorship of the EU.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 08:35 PM

I prefer the Michael Masser/Linda Creed version, lol!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-11-2018, 08:57 PM

Solasch I guess it is natural for someone living in the Netherlands to be upset by the thought of the UK leaving the EU and maybe derailing the gravy train.
Some of us here are made of strong stuff unlike those Europeans who fear change and are worried our departure will mean a little discomfort to their lifestyle .

I am sure there are many like me in the UK who can cope with a bit of inconvenience and hardship until we get back on our feet and regain control over our own future.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top