Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 10:36 AM

The Season Has Begun.

I've just set my first seeds this year - leeks and tomatoes; I've also set my onion sets.........in a seed tray and they will go in the garden when they have good roots, that way the birds don't pull them up. The seeds are in the spare bedroom but the onion sets are in the greenhouse.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 11:46 AM

Re: The Season Has Begun.

Oooh I'm jealous Alan.
I'm waiting for my greenhouse to be erected
It's the time of year when you get itchy fingers for seed planting but I'll have to be patient or buy plants ..
We put Troy onions in, in the autumn and they are doing nicely, growing through netting
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 11:47 AM

Snow drops are out here that always signals beginning of new season to us.

Daffs and hyacinths come next.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 11:58 AM

I had the same Julie1962 looked out into the garden and there was a yellow flower popping its head above the tub. I must admit it did make me smile. Will have a good look round the garden from tomorrow to see what else is going on.
Marki
East Midlands -UK
Marki is male  Marki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 04:59 PM

This time of year is great - love soaking up the flush of color after the long dark baron winter. The crocuses are in flulll bloom, daffs are ready to burst into flower any day, followed by the tulips. Q camera at ready....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 05:17 PM

Well done Alan I can only dream of gardening at the moment and gaze at my rapidly growing garlic through the window.

The chives and parsley are growing too so that's a start
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 06:47 PM

Well done Alan, I too have some seeds going on the windowsill, two varieties of tomato, some capsicum peppers and some little gem lettuce (which I will grow on under a cloche in March). I planted my onion sets last November and have just planted some shallots nearby.

Here's hoping for a good season for us all..
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 07:51 PM

Oh yes don't we deserve it, I have now got webbed feet as we have had nothing but rain all winter, the snow drops are loving it they are everywhere.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 11:40 PM

Got my Sweet Peas started, tomatoes next. Also going to try to grow some Osteospurmums from seed this year. There is a limit to how much more I can get on my window sills, because I have all the geranium cuttings from last year as well!
Outside there are some lovely dwarf Iris in flower in pots, and mini daffs in bud too, as well as snowdrops and crocus in the flower beds.
I love the early colour after the grey, drab winter we've had.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 05:57 AM

Hi Mups, I have some Osteospernums in my flower bed and I decided to leave them in and see what happens. They have survived the winter (so far) and just need cutting back a little.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top