Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 12:19 AM

Iguazu falls

Far side is Argintina and I took these from the Brazilian side in 2013. Yes I did go out on that walkway and got absolutely soaked
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 04:49 AM

Re: Iguazu falls

I've never heard of them but they are certainly impressive.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Alan
Neither had I until then. They are supposed to be one of the main "must see" places in Brazil. The holidays there don't cost me anything, my son married a beautiful Brazilian girl " Flavia" but we lent him enough for a deposit on a house over here which he now rents out

Flavia D-in L

So to pay us back he pays for everything and we get a holiday and see the grandchildren
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 10:02 AM

Smashing !
Would love to see Argentina ........Next time, take a walk over there and take some photos
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

22-09-2014, 10:15 AM

Did a day trip to there as we stayed in a hotel right on the border for a week .Also went into Paraguay on another day out.

Have to be a bit careful camera wise in case it gets snatched, So I used my camcorder which when not in use fits into my pocket
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 02:26 PM

Spectacular falls Bazza...
Chris99
Glasgow
Chris99 is female  Chris99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Did a day trip to there as we stayed in a hotel right on the border for a week .Also went into Paraguay on another day out.

Have to be a bit careful camera wise in case it gets snatched, So I used my camcorder which when not in use fits into my pocket
Thank you once more for the pics of the Falls. Had a wonderful trip to S.America 2001.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-09-2014, 09:28 PM

Having been to Brazil a few times and hopefully going again soon, the area we go to is spectacular with the scenery
and the beaches on local holiday times with the samba music from the beach bars

There is a downside it is not that safe a place to go on holiday unless with a party of people or staying with friends or relatives. Such a shame Brazil could become one of the tourist places of the world to go to.
For example they turn off traffic lights at midnight so you don't have to stop. Flavias' father has had a gun shoved through his car window and robbed.
We stay in a gated community with armed guards at the gates to prevent indesirables for getting in

Barbeque area

This is Flavias place she owns among others.

Have to say though the people WE meet are really really nice. Even got invited to a Masonic Lodge after meeting get together. Her father is head of 2 of them.
Nothing flash but did meet the really top business men of Sae Paulo

This place did scare me at first, you can see all the men on the right had side in this photo

Would you get out of a car in a back street to go somewhere like this?
Well have to say it scared me, men with tattoos and drinking beer out of bottles and the women looking just as tough.
I was persuaded to get out and go over (definately not keen to say the least). However I don't know what Flavia said to them but the next minute we (I) were being hugged by big burly building type men and the women as well.
Turns out the all work for her father who is a builder among other things, and the guy running the bar rents a shop off him as well. we were treated like long lost relatives
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-09-2014, 09:50 PM

On one trip out we visited here, which is an old smuggler /slavery street row of houses.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 11:02 AM

Fabulous photos !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top