Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 11:41 PM

Re: Caravan mini break

Hi Honey - nice to see you back.
So what's your overall impression of Blackpool?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 12:07 AM

we didn't really spend much time there Carol because of the rain, I can't believe I didn't go into any shops but we parked the car in Talbot road and walked down to the prom, I did enjoy looking at the hotels all lit up and particularly the Lyndene where we used to be regular guests.
I must tell you we went to the Tramway pub in Cleveleys a couple of times for a buffet carvery and it was lovely! We used to go years ago but the food wasn't that great but it's changed now and we were pleasantly surprised
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hi Bruce ... I wonder if I know your brother ?
He's lived there a fair while used to work for BT as an Engineer on Cellnet.

I've been there once and walked down and up all those 108 steps to the station, visited the Museum(s), been to Costas(?) coffee and all the op shops.

However I have never been to Blackpool (he says, desperately trying to keep on topic)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 09:45 AM

Glad you had a nice break, Honey

I love caravan holidays and your 'van looks lovely...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 10:29 AM

That is a "Mobile" home not a caravan,bit of a difference. Wouldn't like to tow that behind a car
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Bruce ... you should have gone the other way to the station !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
That is a "Mobile" home not a caravan,bit of a difference. Wouldn't like to tow that behind a car
A static caravan is also known as a mobile home compared to a touring caravan.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 02:07 PM

true Mags! I guess we were spoiled on this first caravan holiday as we didn't book the luxury version and would have been quite happy in the one we originally booked but when we looked at it again it was nothing in comparison and now I'd want the same level of comfort and size we were given for the same rent which would be nigh on impossible!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 10:36 AM

Sounds like you had a nice time despite the weather Honey. Your caravan looked wonderful.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

07-10-2014, 12:23 PM

thanks shirley! we were pretty lucky with the weather for this time of the year, only had one evening when it rained, the rest of the time it was warm and sunny so we managed to do a fair amount of walking

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top