Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 11:04 AM

My Golden Delicious Apples.

Off the tree
On the tree.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 11:08 AM

Re: My Golden Delicious Apples.

That's lovely Alan.
I don't know anything about apple trees but I was wondering if all the apples were perfect or were any destroyed by grubs and things?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
That's lovely Alan.
I don't know anything about apple trees but I was wondering if all the apples were perfect or were any destroyed by grubs and things?
You've got it in one Carol. A lot of the fruit and veg you get out of the garden is imperfect in one way or another but you use what is usable. The supermarket produce is picked over and, I presume, the imperfect stuff is used to make ready meals or juices.
Mila
Lincoln, UK
Mila is female 

19-10-2014, 01:38 PM

They look tasty!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 03:20 PM

Home grown is the best, my neighbour has just been round with the last of the apples from her tree - I'd got an apple crumble in the oven from the last lot she brought- not perfect but plenty left that's usable, who needs perfectly shaped, polished, tasteless, supermarket stuff, eh Alan?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 04:28 PM

They look lovely Alan. I think apples are probably my favourite fruit and I'd pay a bit extra for a nice apple. Some are tasteless.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top