Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 04:33 PM

Re: Eire

Always fancied a trip to Ireland, it's where my dads father originally came from but I have been told it's horrendously expensive! By Ireland I mean Eire, of course..
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 06:50 PM

It is a wonderful place, with rural friendliness and support for each other very prevalent. And where I am has spectacular scenery. But yes, it is expensive. So much so that I am thinking that at some point in the future I will have to move to somewhere where the cost of living is less. That would be a huge wrench, but will probably become necessary.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 07:23 PM

I once had a fantastic week in Kilkee, in Country Clare. A Victorian seaside town. We had such a lovely time and the scenery and the people were wonderful. I'd love to go back some time. It's such a beautiful place.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 07:36 PM

I’m delighted to hear you had a good time Silver.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I’m delighted to hear you had a good time Silver.
Absolute magic, Jem ! I have the Jameson taster's certificate and the Guinness 'Perfect pint' certificate to prove it!!

Seriously though - it was lovely to see the house in which I was born in Clontarf, and the church in which I was Christened.
Was given a copy of my Baptismal Certificate which gave me two surprises. 1) The priest officiating was my Grandfather's uncle, James Nolan, who went on to become a Canon at Middlesborough Cathedral. and 2) The name of my Godfather.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top