Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 02:49 PM

Attacks on posties going up

Dog attack-levels on Royal Mail workers 'unacceptable'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36701793

I never understand why anyone allows their dog to be a nuisance to posties or anyone else. Totally unacceptable.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 04:18 PM

Re: Attacks on posties going up

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Dog attack-levels on Royal Mail workers 'unacceptable'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36701793

I never understand why anyone allows their dog to be a nuisance to posties or anyone else. Totally unacceptable.
And ive never understood why some Posties take enjoyment in winding dogs up , where I previously lived my postie would delibrately slam the gate to set my dog off barking and then shout through the door "Ok ive heard you, you noisy dog "

My husband had to change the hinge on the gate so it closed slowly .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 04:30 PM

Oh that's not good Eliza, I have to say ours have always been great couple have been scared but I completely understand why, as I say it's not on letting dogs annoy anyone else but yes not on either people annoying your dogs.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 05:05 PM

Much worse in Australia of course the posties there have to contend with feral cats, dingos, kangaroos, crocodiles, red back spiders, snakes and ornery Aussies.....can't be easy
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 07:06 PM

Id attack the postman if I thought I'd get away with it.

I'd be rich if they'd stop dropping off demands for money.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 09:29 PM

There was a time when we had regular posties and you could almost set your watch by their delivery times - so it would be easy for dog owners to either introduce their dogs to the postie so they made friends or to keep them in when the postie was due.

Now we hardly see the same one twice and delivery can be any time between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 06:29 AM

It would be better for the postman if people with dogs invested in one of those mail boxes and put it on their gate posts.
People with dogs can be really inconsiderate, the postman is doing his job and dogs even small ones in their own terroritories can be aggressive.
Not everyone is good with dogs some people are afraid with good reason if they have been bitten before and dogs sense this immediately .
I am good with dogs but would never enter someone's garden wih a dog I don't know it's asking for trouble .
As a child with a paper round I remember being really nervous of some houses wih dogs .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top