Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 07:43 PM

Man Charged with Cat Shooting Spree

Man charged over cat shooting spree

A 19-year-old man has been charged after a cat was killed and others were badly injured in shootings in Surrey. The injured pets needed amputations following air rifle attacks in Cranleigh, Guildford and Woking in March and April. Police said Franky Mills, of Long Gore in Farncombe, faces eight charges of criminal damage and eight of a firearms offence. A five-year-old cat called Ruby was shot in the spine and put down by vets.

Another cat in Cranleigh survived but lost her eye. Police said Mr Mills had been released on bail and is due to appear before Guildford magistrates on 9 August.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 07:57 PM

Re: Man Charged with Cat Shooting Spree

Yes and that was why I asked about ways to keep a cat quiet, was scared the noisy cat here would get himself shot. It's been a horrible time for cat owners locally.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 08:47 PM

The laws regarding cats has needed change for a very long time. Owning a cat is ridiculous and needs to be stopped imo. It's the one pet that owners are unable to control unless they, cruelly, keep the cat indoors for its entire life. The same would be true of keeping birds. Those who keep birds and keep them in cages are monsters. If you were to keep a bird but let it fly everywhere then you would have no control of it.

The domesticated cat is a plague on society despite its fuzzy gushiness. A cat can NOT be controlled. If released, it WILL walk anywhere it wants, crap anywhere it wants and pee anywhere it wants. It will not respect any boundaries of man, only the boundaries of other cats or dogs. I would not permit anyone's dog to roam on my property, why then should I have to permit other people's cats to do the same?

The situation is ridiculous. The law should permit home owners to keep cats off their property in whatever ways they can. Shooting a cat with a rifle is extreme, but there should be other options. A paint ball gun for example. Overall though, cats should be phased out.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 08:50 PM

Having seen a grown man attacked with a paint gun I can't agree that is a good way to see a cat off the bruising was severe and he ended in hospital over night, a cat wouldn't stand a chance.

I don't see keeping a cat in as cruel though and would encourage more people to do that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Having seen a grown man attacked with a paint gun I can't agree that is a good way to see a cat off the bruising was severe and he ended in hospital over night, a cat wouldn't stand a chance.

I don't see keeping a cat in as cruel though and would encourage more people to do that.
I agree.

As for the mindless yobs who shoot cats, I have a feeling that they do it not because of them being a nuisance but because they get some sort of sick pleasure from it.

Here is another example of lenient sentencing failing to deter evil acts. The solution is simple.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Police said Mr Mills had been released on bail and is due to appear before Guildford magistrates on 9 August.
It's a shame the magistrates can't sentence him to the pillory and a flogging .....
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by omah ->
it's a shame the magistrates can't sentence him to the pillory and a flogging .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It's a shame the magistrates can't sentence him to the pillory and a flogging .....
Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Far too lenient - I would knee cap him with his own air rifle/gun !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-07-2016, 07:49 AM

I'd make him work in animal rescue for a year, from what I've seen many of these yobs can be turned if they are faced with real life and suffering.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Both excellent corrective measures, since outlawed by the fluffy do-gooders in their desire to increase crime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top