Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 12:21 PM

Re: Man Charged with Cat Shooting Spree

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The laws regarding cats has needed change for a very long time. Owning a cat is ridiculous and needs to be stopped imo. It's the one pet that owners are unable to control unless they, cruelly, keep the cat indoors for its entire life. The same would be true of keeping birds. Those who keep birds and keep them in cages are monsters. If you were to keep a bird but let it fly everywhere then you would have no control of it.

The domesticated cat is a plague on society despite its fuzzy gushiness. A cat can NOT be controlled. If released, it WILL walk anywhere it wants, crap anywhere it wants and pee anywhere it wants. It will not respect any boundaries of man, only the boundaries of other cats or dogs. I would not permit anyone's dog to roam on my property, why then should I have to permit other people's cats to do the same?

The situation is ridiculous. The law should permit home owners to keep cats off their property in whatever ways they can. Shooting a cat with a rifle is extreme, but there should be other options. A paint ball gun for example. Overall though, cats should be phased out.
Of course this is true but judging by the number of dog owners who let their dog crap right outside my house and walk off without clearing it up, I can't see there is much difference between the two. They also let the dog pee up lampposts, garden fences, benches or whatever is there - and these dogs are '''''controlled'''' by being on a lead.

So should dogs be phased out too? Or maybe the humans that let them do it?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Of course this is true but judging by the number of dog owners who let their dog crap right outside my house and walk off without clearing it up, I can't see there is much difference between the two. They also let the dog pee up lampposts, garden fences, benches or whatever is there - and these dogs are '''''controlled'''' by being on a lead.

So should dogs be phased out too? Or maybe the humans that let them do it?
NO the dog owner would be fined if it crapped out side your house.

If it was a cat doing it blank looks all round .

So I throw shoes at them (the cats that is not the owners they are no ware to be seen)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
NO the dog owner would be fined if it crapped out side your house.

If it was a cat doing it blank looks all round .

So I throw shoes at them (the cats that is not the owners they are no ware to be seen)
How to deter cats:

- spray them with water = good

- throw shoes at them = not good

- shoot them = absolutely not
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How to deter cats:

- spray them with water = good

- throw shoes at them = not good

- shoot them = absolutely not
This...^^^

Even if you dislike them, to shoot / injure them etc is absolutely unacceptable.

The guy should be jailed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top