Join for free
Page 54 of 276 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 07:29 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Feeling quite dreadful today with fatigue - I've already gone back to bed twice for more sleep....I have no energy nor am I hungry but have forced myself to eat small amounts. I wonder if I'll ever feel better.

I had a bath and it really took it out of me energy wise just to put the heating on, sort out clothes, have the bath and shave then dress myself again.
Ffosse, you will feel better, worry drains you. I remember feeling like that before I last went to see my consultant. I was so worried about what he was going to say, but it was positive and I could have skipped out of the hospital!

Please let us know how you get on tomorrow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 07:32 PM

I'm not worried about what my Consultant will say or do; I'm just wondering how I'm going to get out of this mess. I feel like I've got a couple of weeks, months at best.

This is my 2nd cancer, the first being in 2016.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 07:55 PM

I'm not worried about what my Consultant will say or do; I'm just wondering how I'm going to get out of this mess. I feel like I've got a couple of weeks, months at best.

Try and calm down Dreamy, you are scared and really down, but you will cope.
I am afraid no-one can switch off.
Even if we feel like it.
Let us see what the consultant has to say.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:42 PM

You're just having a bad reaction to the chemo. It's probably different from the treatment you had before. Having an infection doesn't help one bit and the antibiotics may also be making things worse. Hopefully the consultant will have some good news. Fingers crossed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 08:00 AM

Ffosse, Why were they not checking whether your cancer had returned, if your last one was in 2016? I had a check up every 3 months for the first 3 years, then every 6 months for the next 2 years and after 7 years I am still being seen every year...... with the option of going back anytime if I am worried.
I understand this is normal procedure, with cancer, so I am wondering if your worrying is preventing you from listening to what the doctors are really saying, so make sure you ask all the questions you want answered when you see the consultant.
One doctor told me that you are never cured of cancer, but what he meant was ........not that I was going to die, but that cancer can always return.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Ffosse, Why were they not checking whether your cancer had returned, if your last one was in 2016? I had a check up every 3 months for the first 3 years, then every 6 months for the next 2 years and after 7 years I am still being seen every year...... with the option of going back anytime if I am worried.
I understand this is normal procedure, with cancer, so I am wondering if your worrying is preventing you from listening to what the doctors are really saying, so make sure you ask all the questions you want answered when you see the consultant.
One doctor told me that you are never cured of cancer, but what he meant was ........not that I was going to die, but that cancer can always return.
I did get checkups, that cancer didn't return - I'm still in remission.

What I have now is a completely different type of cancer. I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma (which was cured); now I have non Hodgkin's and they tell me it is incurable. I can tell from the symptoms just how bad it is. There is no connection between the cancers at all - just bad luck.

Managed to get an 8:50 appointment with a GP in my practice (not my normal doctor but still very good). She prescribed me 56 more Oxycontin tablets plus a bottle of the liquid to take when things are really bad.

I brought up hospices, as her colleague had to me. I'm going to bring it up again with the Consultant this afternoon. I don't want to die at home or in hospital, but a hospice is OK.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 12:02 PM

Ffosse please don't worry about dying, you may have a few years left.

Here are 2 reports I found

Can you die from non Hodgkin's lymphoma?
Prognosis. Survival rates for NHL vary widely, depending on the lymphoma type, stage, age of the patient, and other variables. According to the American Cancer Society, the overall 5-year relative survival rate for patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is 67% and the 10-year relative survival rate is 55%.

Is Non Hodgkins curable?
Indolent NHL types have a relatively good prognosis with a median survival as long as 20 years, but they usually are not curable in advanced clinical stages.[3] Early-stage (stage I and stage II) indolent NHL can be effectively treated with radiation therapy alone.31 Jan 2018

I know you are in pain and I hope they can relieve it but, if you can find something that makes you smile, it may make you feel a bit better.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-04-2018, 12:55 PM

I've been told that my cancer isn't curable; it's treatable to an extent but they didn't spot it at an early stage.

It was only when I insisted on an MRI after having Carpal Tunnel's Syndrome because I was having a lot of neck pain (which they blamed on a fall on the ice) did they find the tumour in my neck.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 01:08 PM

I've been told that my cancer isn't curable; it's treatable to an extent but they didn't spot it at an early stage.

It was only when I insisted on an MRI after having Carpal Tunnel's Syndrome because I was having a lot of neck pain (which they blamed on a fall on the ice) did they find the tumour in my neck.
That is what happened with my Mum Dreamy.
It was a fall that brought a different kind of Cancer.
I hope you are OK today, and able to make plans.
I am always here for you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

03-04-2018, 01:13 PM

I have a friend who has been living with incurable cancer for 3 years now. They can't get rid of the tumours but her chemo has made them shrink a little.
I am no expert on cancer treatments, but I do know they have improved a lot in recent years....so please stay positive.

Page 54 of 276 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top