Join for free
Page 62 of 276 « First < 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:22 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Good Night Dreamy.
It is TV time for me.
I hope to see you tomorrow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:10 PM

I visited the nurse at my G.P. surgery.

She took off the final dressing on the back of my neck where I had the two operations and it's healed fine.

She then injected me with a drug I've had in my fridge since receiving it from my chemo on Wednesday. Into the top of the arm it went.

Then I had to make appointments to get bloods taken 2 days before each upcoming chemo session - they can't use blood that is too old; it's just to tailor exactly the drugs they need to give me.

Then I visited the chemist to pick up a prescription and hand in a new one.

After that, I visited the deli where I bought a roast gammon and salad sandwich and a BLT. The gammon sandwich was too dry and not worth the money. I have higher hopes for the BLT which I will eat for my tea. I'm putting off grocery shopping until tomorrow as the supermarket is in the opposite direction.

I also visited the vape shop for my favourite juice.

It's still cold and damp here with that East wind so I've got a hot water bottle and the heating on. I decided that as I'm ill I'm not going to be counting the pennies concerning my utility bills - my comfort comes first.

I slept well last night even though I slept through part of the day too. Today I'm aiming not to go to bed until 9pm, but I'm still knackered, especially when I'm walking outside.

I've been spending a fortune on taxis and deli sandwiches and overpriced Co-op groceries. I cant realistically get the bus to the hospital, though, as it's some distance to the nearest bus-stop, uphill, and I have to stop. And I can't get down to Tesco and do a big shop - I'd much rather make my own sandwiches. But, again, my comfort and convenience comes first when I'm ill. Spending a lot of money annoys me as I'm normally pretty frugal and save up regularly. I really pity those people who have to travel 40 miles to the hospital for their appointments.

I've no appointments 'til the 30th but after that my diary is loaded, MRI scan, CT scan, nurse, the Consultant and more chemo. I'm hoping to use the second half of April to relax and hopefully get a little better.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:14 PM

Good Afternoon Dreamy
You have been a busy bee.
I am glad that you were able to go out.
Good news on your on your neck.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:02 PM

It's forecast to be 20c next Wednesday and Thursday - much better than the wet, windy 6s and 7s we've been suffering.

Winter has lasted right up to mid-April this year and is the longest and coldest for some years.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 04:08 PM

Seems you had a good day and the deli sandwiches are money well spent if they make you feel happier. Glad to see your op scar is healing well and hopefully the mobility in your arms has improved now.

I do think you should consider an online grocery order. It's so convenient and they are supposed to shop for you as they would shop for themselves (picking out the best bits and that kind of thing). Why waste your money on overpriced stuff when you can pay as little as £1 for a home delivery?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 05:04 PM

Ffosse it’s so good to hear you’re feeling a bit better and getting things sorted. I tend to agree that on line shopping could be a big help for you, but on the other hand perhaps you enjoy looking round the shops and choosing your own items. It does help to pass time too.

Keeping warm is important, my heating bills have been much bigger this winter, I was always of the mind that if I was cold I would put another layer on! Not any more. Hopefully some warmer weather is on the way.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-04-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's forecast to be 20c next Wednesday and Thursday - much better than the wet, windy 6s and 7s we've been suffering.

Winter has lasted right up to mid-April this year and is the longest and coldest for some years.
I think warmer weather lifts our spirits Dreamy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-04-2018, 05:54 PM

At least sunnier weather does...right now it's foggy outside.

I've managed to stay up today, not going to sleep in the middle, think I'll hold out 'til around 9 pm.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-04-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
At least sunnier weather does...right now it's foggy outside.

I've managed to stay up today, not going to sleep in the middle, think I'll hold out 'til around 9 pm.
That is good Dreamy
I hope I get to see my funny Dreamy even if it is briefly.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-04-2018, 02:22 PM

Had a bath and shave - my beard is only growing in a few places thanks to the chemo, but at least I don't have to shave my head as that hair appears to have stopped growing but not fallen out. Put on some clean clothes. Then I got out to the Co-Op again for some groceries, still out of breath during short distances. I really miss going down to the Ocean Terminal mall where they have an M & S. I used to be able to walk there and back even though it is uphill all the way back, but no chance with my current health.

But at least the wind has changed and is no longer blowing in from the sea - much milder today. I've got a few windows open and am able to turn off the heating. Still got my hot water bottle but at least the house will be fresher.

Page 62 of 276 « First < 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top