Join for free
Page 17 of 42 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 10:39 PM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Islam can not be twisted and it isn't being. All that is taking place is that an increasing number of Muslims are following shar'ia more diligently.

Never forget that under Islam lying is not only permitted but advised. It is more widely used in the case of the Shia school but I can and is also encountered in the case of Sunni.

See "Kitman" and "Taqiya".

There are three cases where lying is approved, the first is to silence a woman,the second is prior to going on a journey, and the third is to secure peace.

But here's the rub.

Going on a journey is not limited to going on a literal journey, it is much more frequently related to starting some course of action.

The most dangerous case is lying to secure peace.

Islam is presented as being the religion of peace, more about that later, and so actions to spread Islam which means that a Muslim can lie through his teeth if it helps spread Islam or detracts from criticism of it.

There's a great deal more about Islam that Joe Public doesn't have the faintest idea about.
In relation to the above.

I watched a video sometime back (filmed in Belgium I think?)
A Imam was talking to others and explaining how it was perfectly acceptable for Muslims to lie if it furthers the cause of Isam.
He was giving examples like how it's ok to say things like Merry Christmas / Happy Easter etc (but you don't have to mean it), if it puts the non believers off guard and makes them think you are moderate / friendly.

In some ways a bit of a worry, as how do you know when some are actually being genuine?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
In relation to the above.

I watched a video sometime back (filmed in Belgium I think?)
A Imam was talking to others and explaining how it was perfectly acceptable for Muslims to lie if it furthers the cause of Isam.
He was giving examples like how it's ok to say things like Merry Christmas / Happy Easter etc (but you don't have to mean it), if it puts the non believers off guard and makes them think you are moderate / friendly.

In some ways a bit of a worry, as how do you know when some are actually being genuine?
You don't have to be Muslim to behave like that Fender, Westminster is full of them.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You don't have to be Muslim to behave like that Fender, Westminster is full of them.....
A very good point re Westminster, but to stick with religion the only religion that advocates lying is Islam.

There's an old adage where Islam is concerned :-

The Jew or Christian will say "I will die for my beliefs". (and many have)

The Muslim will say " YOU will die for my beliefs".
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 10:57 PM

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 11:24 PM

just when a ray of light is needed in him comes again - go go OGF! - double brandy?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 11:36 PM

all religions and their tracts can be twisted over and over and over again - and getting down to the minutiea of their texts means being able to speak and understand and interpret aramaic ; greek ; hebrew ; arabic etc etc

the interpretations of the beginnings of Islam and Judaism are contested through the stories of Abraham and his son and the challenge of God for Abraham to sacrifice his son as an offering - some say Isaac and other Ishmael - do your follow implicitly the teachings of the OT or the NT ; or the OT and the NT or the Koran? and then comes in the great Indian texts and Buddhas scripts - they are all there for our use and interpretations and then the discussions and often arguments begin.

How was Jesus the son of a carpenter able to sit down with the eminent scribes and pharisees of the day and challenge them over their own scriptures and now we have someone masquerading as an "artful dodger" - not a particularly believable gabble ; trying to sell us some snake medicine - get on ya wagon matey the next town is just around the corner!

ps: forgot to mention the little red book - now where did I put my copy ; adored by millions?? miao miao?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
all religions and their tracts can be twisted over and over and over again - and getting down to the minutiea of their texts means being able to speak and understand and interpret aramaic ; greek ; hebrew ; arabic etc etc

the interpretations of the beginnings of islam and judaism are contested through the stories of abraham and his son and the challenge of god for abraham to sacrifice his son as an offering - some say isaac and other ishmael - do your follow implicitly the teachings of the ot or the nt ; or the ot and the nt or the koran? And then comes in the great indian texts and buddhas scripts - they are all there for our use and interpretations and then the discussions and often arguments begin.

How was jesus the son of a carpenter able to sit down with the eminent scribes and pharisees of the day and challenge them over their own scriptures and now we have someone masquerading as an "artful dodger" - not a particularly believable gabble ; trying to sell us some snake medicine - get on ya wagon matey the next town is just around the corner!

Ps: Forgot to mention the little red book - now where did i put my copy ; adored by millions?? Miao miao?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

17-03-2019, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
yes I wish you would - how's ya knee by the way - come here and let me give it a quick twist - that often works well! Lion Queen indeed - more like a CS?? work that one out!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I didn't mean that Todger, I was referring to the fact that Farage's march didn't get a mention.

Nonsense. It was on the ABC Radio News this morning
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

But Islam is incompatible with democracy as we know it.
Incompatible with democracy as Britain knows it perhaps.

It is strange that Britain has an unelected, undemocratic Upper House yet Muslim Countries like Malaysia, Indonesia and Pakistan have democratically elected governments.

Page 17 of 42 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top