Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 06:00 PM

Best sea food recipe books?

Anyone have any recommendations for good sea food recipe books?

I'm not after anything fancy, just wholesome meals with oily fish - as I don't think I'm getting enough Omega 3s
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 06:15 PM

Re: Best sea food recipe books?

Azz sorry I don't have any Seafood books, I get recipes of the net these days .

Rick Stein's recipes are usually reliable
Try this...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Kitchen-T.../dp/1849901589
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Thanks Meg I will check it out
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 06:23 PM

I've got his 'Taste of the Sea' book. It's not bad
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

08-08-2012, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I've got his 'Taste of the Sea' book. It's not bad
Thanks I will check it out too

Ideally, I'd want one that focuses on making dishes from the ground up - with no added sugar, yeast, lactose, 'packets' of stock etc something hunter gatherers would have possibly eaten
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 07:50 PM

Have you taken a look at the Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall one called - predictably, The River Cottage Fish Book. Hardback is a bit expensive, but the paperback is not too bad.
There is also the BBC UK good food website, which has a section on oily fish recipes.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

08-08-2012, 09:00 PM

Thanks Rena, I forgot about the BBC website. Although I am a bit annoyed they no longer let people 'rate' the recipes, it used to be a good way of finding ones that at least had half a chance of tasting ok
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks I will check it out too

Ideally, I'd want one that focuses on making dishes from the ground up - with no added sugar, yeast, lactose, 'packets' of stock etc something hunter gatherers would have possibly eaten
tells you how to make stock and all the sauces you could use from ground up.
Have you looked in the library? Just looked online at my library and they have a few fish cook books by Rick Stein including above
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

08-08-2012, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
tells you how to make stock and all the sauces you could use from ground up.
Have you looked in the library? Just looked online at my library and they have a few fish cook books by Rick Stein including above
I think we have a new library here so will have to go and have a look - although I usually have a quick browse while I'm at Waitrose

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top