Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 01:30 PM

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
lol, my French is limited too. Baguette, Souffle, Gateau and Oo la la!
Is that the interpretation SG? You seem bto be quite fluent
to me mon ami!

Regards Donkeyman!
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think some of them start out with all good intentions Pathfinder, but they seem to change, or be 'Got At' once they arrive down in the smoke...
Everybody has a price....
Unfortunately your right: So what is the answer ? How about this
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
to me mon ami!
mon amie!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Very disappointed with Jacob R-M for apologising for ridiculing the remarks of that Doctor who decided to go public and whinge about a no-deal Brexit will result in deaths and a bodybag count!! What a moron.

I have been looking on twitter and some of them are in fact, laughable. It appears that remainers are saying that JRM should have shown more respect BECAUSE he is a Doctor and knows what he is talking about.

Excuse me, if this Doctor takes it upon himself to go public with his stupid statement, then he has entered the political arena and is open to criticism from all quarters. JRM had every right to ridicule his remarks. Anyone who is involved in delivering Brexit with or without a deal, would have done exactly the same. What the doctor came out with was simply as a remain supporter and the usual Project Fear Mark 2 bilge. As for being a Doctor? yes, the title should afford him respect, but only as a Doctor doing a job, nothing else. I might add the arrogant requests from some twitter users for absolute respect from JRM simply because he is a doctor, with the name Shipman?

Mind you, there were ample tweets also ridiculing him.

What say you?
I say if he was rude then yes an apology was needed. I can't see any reason we can't all talk about these things politely. I recently joined twitter I have lost count of the people thanking me for being respectful in my answers which I find worrying, has it become so odd to be polite people actually thank you for it ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 01:53 PM

to me mon ami!

Regards Donkeyman!
Learnt my french from allo allo so listen closely I'll be saying this only once it was the madonna with ze bid boobies.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
No, it's 350 million a week. Surprised your internet research didn't tell you that.

The much misquoted bus
The really good news is that the amount will be deducted from the outstanding £39 bn!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 02:23 PM

I have posed the same question to Solly a couple of times
allready PD, needless to say nothing was forthcoming
except sarcastic remarks and more eurowaffle!

Regards Donkeyman!
No wonder, if you don't care to read the answers. In this case it is in post # 10 of this same thread.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-09-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Same here Meg, one of my reasons too. Daughter (who also supports Brexit) though I might like to read the article and I thought it would be worth posting it on the forum.
She certainly is a chip of the old block....
I too didn't dare to differ in opinion from my father. He had calloused hands...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-09-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Eurowaffle! Quelle bon mot!
Is that edible?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-09-2019, 02:33 PM

Very disappointed with Jacob R-M for apologising for ridiculing the remarks of that Doctor who decided to go public and whinge about a no-deal Brexit will result in deaths and a bodybag count!! What a moron.

I have been looking on twitter and some of them are in fact, laughable. It appears that remainers are saying that JRM should have shown more respect BECAUSE he is a Doctor and knows what he is talking about.

Excuse me, if this Doctor takes it upon himself to go public with his stupid statement, then he has entered the political arena and is open to criticism from all quarters. JRM had every right to ridicule his remarks. Anyone who is involved in delivering Brexit with or without a deal, would have done exactly the same. What the doctor came out with was simply as a remain supporter and the usual Project Fear Mark 2 bilge. As for being a Doctor? yes, the title should afford him respect, but only as a Doctor doing a job, nothing else. I might add the arrogant requests from some twitter users for absolute respect from JRM simply because he is a doctor, with the name Shipman?

Mind you, there were ample tweets also ridiculing him.

What say you?
As the alternative would have been to repeat his remarks outside parliament, which would have cost JRM dearly, and JRM clings to money like fly spikkels to a lamp shade........

The doctor didn't say brexit would cost lives, but shortages in insuline and other medicines would. So JRM didn't only libel, but on top of that misquoted.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top