Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 11:57 AM

Grrrhhhh!

Another reason why I will NEVER vote Tory

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...-of-Lords.html
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 03:22 PM

Re: Grrrhhhh!

Conservatives are not the only ones getting paid for doing nothing it seems:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ses/ar-AACbB46

None of this is restricted to just the UK either:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tive-expenses/

Whatever happens some of them will find a way:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew..._enabled:false

It seems easy enough to find a 'gravy train' somewhere or other and
take advantage of a free ride!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 06:07 PM

This isn't a party issue, all of the buggers are at it....
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
This isn't a party issue, all of the buggers are at it....
They definitely are all at it, really appalling isn't it! One of those links shows that by MEPs receiving a monthly payment they hide the paper trail of everything this money was spent on.

There is definitely one law for them and another for the rest of us. The other year I had a demand for 70p from HMRC as they had miscalculated my tax. I don't work and am retired so in receipt of pensions only! How much did it cost to collect that I wonder and there's MPs and MEPs collectively getting away with probably £millions!

What this country really does need is a top down clear out! Why are we paying for people to run the country when they are not doing that! Get rid of them all and start again!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 01:05 AM

OP is old news. Going back to 29 July 2015 , and as it states in the article the day after that dirty b..tard Lord Sewel resigned !!
Baz46

13-09-2019, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
OP is old news. Going back to 29 July 2015 , and as it states in the article the day after that dirty b..tard Lord Sewel resigned !!
Which only makes this worse as it is all still happening in some way, shape or form!

My post #2 shows links that refer to relatively current events in 2018/2019 I believe – nothing much changes!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Which only makes this worse as it is all still happening in some way, shape or form!

My post #2 shows links that refer to relatively current events in 2018/2019 I believe – nothing much changes!
If you are referring to the article about EU MEP's, yes it is still going on. I know of a person who worked in Brussels, and that person said the corruption and fiddling is rife on that gravy train, throughout, but we the UK can't do anything about that . We don't have the powers..... which is why we need to bring them back home again and why e.g. the Kinnocks & co . would rather stay as part of the EU with the promise of a job for young Kinnock in the not too distant future. Corrupt ion from the top.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 06:45 PM

And this is why it's still going on. A revealing article by Julie Samuel in the TelelgrapH today. Remind me, why do we need to be in the EU?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...pean-way-life/
If you have trouble accessing the article, you are allowed a certain number of views per month unless, like me you subscribe.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top