Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 09:39 AM

Re: Illegal Immigrants Crossing the Channel.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well that's gratitude for you!

Weren't the British party, if not the lead nation, to the establishment of a new Jewish homeland?
No. There was no lead nation other than the Jewish nation.

If you're refering to the infamous Balfour Declaration that was nothing more than a cynical ploy to assist bringing America into WW1 while at the very same time HMG had Lawrence (of Arabia) schlepping round the Arabs promising THEM the bits of the Ottoman Empire if they didn't support the Germans.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Two questions Todgy?
You didnt mention the GANG l am thinking ofs name?l would
prefer you to answer personally bas opposed to googling?
and
If you are so proud, why did you or your ancestors desert
your or their country?
Could it have been fear of palestine?
Regards Donkeyman!
If you mean the Stern Gang they became The Lehi.

Why did my ancestors desert our homeland? That was the Diaspora that resulted by the spread of Islam and stole our homeland. Some stayed but totally subjugated by the Moslems, many more were forced out and ---- well read up on the subject.

In the case of my, no our family 'cos the Memsahib's family also were driven out of the their because of pogroms that were taking place.

Those pogroms came about as a result of Tsarist occupation of other nations on the borders as part of the expansion of Tsarist Russia and encountering large populations of Jewish people and what with Tsarist Russia being very Christian - well hence the ethnic cleansing by the Cossacks.

European history really is fascinating!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If you mean the Stern Gang they became The Lehi.

Why did my ancestors desert our homeland? That was the Diaspora that resulted by the spread of Islam and stole our homeland. Some stayed but totally subjugated by the Moslems, many more were forced out and ---- well read up on the subject.

In the case of my, no our family 'cos the Memsahib's family also were driven out of the their because of pogroms that were taking place.

Those pogroms came about as a result of Tsarist occupation of other nations on the borders as part of the expansion of Tsarist Russia and encountering large populations of Jewish people and what with Tsarist Russia being very Christian - well hence the ethnic cleansing by the Cossacks.

European history really is fascinating!

Thanks for the history lesson Todgy! It seems your families
migration took place long before the present situation came
about? And yes l was refering to the Stern gang but l
could'nt remember the name! Thanks again for the lesson
I am now older and wiser?

Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

12-09-2019, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the history lesson Todgy! It seems your families
migration took place long before the present situation came
about? And yes l was refering to the Stern gang but l
could'nt remember the name! Thanks again for the lesson
I am now older and wiser?

Regards Donkeyman!

Sir, you may not be exactly a spring chicken but your wisdom is unquestionable!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 11:57 AM

No. There was no lead nation other than the Jewish nation.

If you're refering to the infamous Balfour Declaration that was nothing more than a cynical ploy to assist bringing America into WW1 while at the very same time HMG had Lawrence (of Arabia) schlepping round the Arabs promising THEM the bits of the Ottoman Empire if they didn't support the Germans.
So who was in charge of Palestine at the end of WW2?

Why didn't we just walk away and let the surrounding muslim states take over?

By all means rely on the support of America to keep your country's sovereignty, but if you keep criticising the UK in this way, and word gets around, I'm sure you won't be able to rely on our help, such as it is.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 12:01 PM

Back on the subject, 10 more illegals brought ashore
tonight on the south coast?
What are we running?
A bloody rescue service?
I would like to know how far out they were when picked up?
When we offer free lifts to them theyb will really think we
are stupid and it will only encourage more to attempt the
trip?
I find it incredible that we havent taken them straight back
Where they came from, bit may cost money to do this, but
The costs of not doing this are probably allready higher
than taking them back!We may have to continue for a while
but eventually they bwill get the message!
Without action the dribble will become a torrent!
I'm not sure, but I think the Border Farce follows the instructions of the government or at least the appropriate Civil Service department.

I have a feeling that the actual skippers and crew of these boats do not feel that they are doing us any big favours anyway.

Perhaps the government/other authorities are dancing to the tune of big business (as in other respects as well) who will benefit from cheap labour?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 12:02 PM

By all means rely on the support of America to keep your country's sovereignty, but if you keep criticising the UK in this way, and word gets around, I'm sure you won't be able to rely on our help, such as it is.

Yes watch it AD or else I shall be weighing in on the side of the poor old Palestinians .
They DO have a case they need some respect I would hate to be bossed about in my own country by some young boy soldier from Russia .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

12-09-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So who was in charge of Palestine at the end of WW2?

Why didn't we just walk away and let the surrounding muslim states take over?

Britain was mandated to ensure that that part of the Levant was returned to the Jewish people with the proviso that part of the land would remain an Arab state. This was done in an arbitrary manner by the Brits such as the Arabs were granted what was then known as Trans-Jordan in order that they received the most valuable land plus close association with the Suez canal. The Brits then bust a gut to prevent Jewish survivors from Europe accessing what was then the designated mini-Jewish portion.

Britain was only in it for what they could get. Eventually they were given such a pasting that they bailed out.

Rely on the UK help?

Better to rely on a cold day in hell.

As for securing the borders from aggression if ever our homeland was overwhelmed whoever succeeded better have a plan on what to do with a highly radioactive mass of Alamogordo glass - and let there be no doubt the last person to leave would salt the earth.

Israel is entirely self sufficient, it is the rest of the civilised world that is dependent on the fruits of the Jewish people, not the other way round.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

12-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes watch it AD or else I shall be weighing in on the side of the poor old Palestinians .
They DO have a case they need some respect I would hate to be bossed about in my own country by some young boy soldier from Russia .
The so called Palestinians have no case. If they stopped attacking Israel they would not be having to face young IDF soldiers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-09-2019, 02:36 PM

The so called Palestinians have no case. If they stopped attacking Israel they would not be having to face young IDF soldiers.
Of your various answers and statements, this one I will agree with. I do have a lot of respect for the Israelis.

However, I have a natural dislike for people who disrespect our country, though I'll certainly go along with any criticism of most of our current politicians.

Strange, isn't it, that many people who choose to come and live in this country seem to hate it?

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top