Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:28 PM

Graves Desecrated

A British and Commonwealth World War Two cemetery in Mierlo cemetery, near Eindhoven in the southern Netherlands has been desecrated by mindless vandals. Not content with daubing graffiti including swastikas on the main monuments and a few gravestones, the bastards have systematically vandalised every headstone in the cemetery with black paint.

The Mierlo cemetery is the final resting place of 664 British and Commonwealth soldiers and one Dutch soldier who died trying to liberate the Netherlands during WWII.

This latest outrage follows on from damage caused a few days earlier. A bloody disgrace - I hope if these vandals are caught they will be severely punished.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49694653
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:31 PM

Re: Graves Desecrated

What on earth is in the heads of people who do something like this ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:32 PM

That is disgusting, Judd. We live in a sick world.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:39 PM

Kids who see 75yrs ago as the dark ages. It really doesn't mean anything to them.
Our children were taught about the World Wars in school, I don't know if they still do.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Kids who see 75yrs ago as the dark ages. It really doesn't mean anything to them.
Our children were taught about the World Wars in school, I don't know if they still do.
Chances are that the scum who carried out this desecration are the same age as the majority of those at rest in this cemetery.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Chances are that the scum who carried out this desecration are the same age as the majority of those at rest in this cemetery.
Yes - the ones who fought and died so these mindless vandals could live in freedom!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 11:59 PM

Truely disgusting. It sometimes makes me wonder if (heaven forbid) there was another World War and the call ups started, just how the younger generations would deal with it. After all no excuses would get them out of it.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What on earth is in the heads of people who do something like this ?
Not a lot. The definitely have no respect or thoughts for anyone or anything, probably not even for themselves if the truth was known!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is disgusting, Judd. We live in a sick world.
The world is probably OK, I do know what you mean though – it's more that it's the sick people in the world that are the problem!

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Young people are taught about the wars, some also get involved in far more than just being taught. A 14-year-old youngster in my family went on a school visit to the war graves in France. It was palpable the effect this had on her, so many lives lost, you could actually see and hear it in her from what she was saying. She is one youngster who will have and show respect, that I am sure of.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 06:55 AM

Few years ago my MILs headstone was attacked I wish these 20 year old (not so much kids but grown men) understood the way that feels. It's another level of awful to attack war graves though I hope they find these people.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 07:08 AM

The BBC link says ....

The graffiti included "MH17 lie" - a provocative reference to the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine in July 2014, which killed 298 people, of whom 193 were Dutch.

International investigators concluded that the jet was hit by a Russian-made Buk missile, fired from an area held by Russian-backed separatists.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top