Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 02:53 PM

Re: Illegal Immigrants Crossing the Channel.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Of your various answers and statements, this one I will agree with. I do have a lot of respect for the Israelis.

However, I have a natural dislike for people who disrespect our country, though I'll certainly go along with any criticism of most of our current politicians.

Strange, isn't it, that many people who choose to come and live in this country seem to hate it?
If I hadn't been born here then given a free choice I would plumb for Russia (though not while it was the USSR) or Israel itself.

But hate is not a word I would chose in describing the UK. Maybe being under no illusions where its history is concerned forms part of my sentiments.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:42 PM

Another reason why illegal immigrants are chancing their arm crossing the channel. Once they arrive, gangs have been falsifying documents such as pay slips and tax forms allowing the illegals to stay in the UK. Have they been punished for this even though they've made tens of thousands of pounds? Have they hell, they've been spared jail time. What sort of a deterrent is that? Based on this, you can bet a few other gangs will be doing the same thing. You can bet your life that no-one has been deported after this crime was discovered.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/13/gang-...y-uk-10734446/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Another reason why illegal immigrants are chancing their arm crossing the channel. Once they arrive, gangs have been falsifying documents such as pay slips and tax forms allowing the illegals to stay in the UK. Have they been punished for this even though they've made tens of thousands of pounds? Have they hell, they've been spared jail time. What sort of a deterrent is that? Based on this, you can bet a few other gangs will be doing the same thing. You can bet your life that no-one has been deported after this crime was discovered.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/13/gang-...y-uk-10734446/
It seems to me that the default sentence in our courts these days is "spared jail".

And they wonder why crime is on the increase. Not very bright, are they?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 06:16 PM

Ah the joys of multiculturalism
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ah the joys of multiculturalism
Some proponents assure us that a multicultural society benefits and enhances our society.

Well, perhaps some of them do.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 08:44 AM

As we are so soft on these illegal immigrants, instead of them risking their lives crossing the channel why not send our coastal patrol vessels over to France and bring them over here as France seems to be encouraging them to come and we don,t want the Human Rights gang saying we are putting their lives in danger by letting them risk their lives in flimsy boats.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-09-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
As we are so soft on these illegal immigrants, instead of them risking their lives crossing the channel why not send our coastal patrol vessels over to France and bring them over here as France seems to be encouraging them to come and we don,t want the Human Rights gang saying we are putting their lives in danger by letting them risk their lives in flimsy boats.
We might as well.

We should also rename our Border Farce as the CTS.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 10:18 AM

Just keep dropping them back in France, they will soon get the message.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If I hadn't been born here then given a free choice I would plumb for Russia (though not while it was the USSR) or Israel itself.

But hate is not a word I would chose in describing the UK. Maybe being under no illusions where its history is concerned forms part of my sentiments.
Why Russia ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-09-2019, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Why Russia ?
Communist!

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top