Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 06:13 PM

Re: White Bread = Death!

opinions other than mine I don't have a problem with however he did not offer a difference of opinion, he was a bullying lecturer and it didn't only happen on this one topic it happened on 3, and you could always do as I did and stay away from the topic just popping back to see if he'd gone then I may have joined in again as I have done now cos I've had Butties made with multigrain bread which I mainly eat and boiled eggs, lovely. I also got some bread mixes from Tesco now those I really like, even the white crusty loaf. So perhaps variety is the answer.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 06:17 PM

Snap Hazel! Butties for lunch and I too ordered some bread mixes..(Sainsbury's)
Going to try the bread in silicone bread 'tins' - have you tried them?
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Snap Hazel! Butties for lunch and I too ordered some bread mixes..(Sainsbury's)
Going to try the bread in silicone bread 'tins' - have you tried them?
got one and pie dish for my birthda y last year. They're fine but mine have wavy lines across the bottom and when I did UJ's banana fruit cake it went a bit wrong and it was a devil to clean the 'tin' . I got Parmesan and sun dried tomato,lovely with tomato & basil soup, mixed grain and crusty white (wrights), go lovely with anything
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Lovely, I can smell the food already
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the tip re silicon.
Tried the Wrights parmesan and sun dried toms last week, delicious.
Bought a herb one this week (Wrights) and a couple of Sainsbury's.
Looking forward to baking them all
Ordered the silicon early in the week, just waiting for them to be delivered.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

29-11-2012, 09:22 PM

Remember I made a custard pie in the dish and it was like trying to carry a jelly in my hands it was all over the show next time I'll put it on the oven shelf before I pour the custard in.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

29-11-2012, 10:19 PM

That's poor show Hazel.
We're with British Gas, they come out the same day.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Remember I made a custard pie in the dish and it was like trying to carry a jelly in my hands it was all over the show next time I'll put it on the oven shelf before I pour the custard in.
Hazel darlin' - I very quickly learned about the lack of rigidity of Silicon baking dishes - I now put them on a metal tray before conveying them to and from the oven.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top