Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 10:06 PM

Re: Inedible foods.

I like porridge made with water, no sweetener of any kind added...... just a few berries, mainly blueberries.

I hate shellfish of all kinds although I have never tried any. The thought of eating something out of the sea that has been cooked with all its inside bits and pieces still intact makes me feel yuk!

I dislike any animal milk but will have soya milk occasionally.

Tomatoes and tomato ketchup I like but I will not touch tomato soup!

I didn't realise I was so fussy!!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 11:49 PM

I love tomato ketchup on toast, hate tinned tomato soup but love home made, don't like tinned mushroom soup but adore home made. I also love whelks hubby used to buy them off the sea food man in the pub when we were courting. Hated tripe but I love cowheel and pigs trotters.I like porrige in winter but not summer with lots of fruit in and the other day I made it with water but put 2 Tsp of coffee mate in it was lovely and I like ginger preserve in it for a change. I put honey in my coffee for a treat.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Very rare I am ill, but if I have ever been ill I either will want to eat
toast with butter on or porridge with honey on it. Always have honey in my tea in a morning cant do without it. Dont know what I will do next year when there might not be alot of honey around due to the bad weather
of this year. Shortages are predicted. Never had Whelks and dont like
sea food so no problem there then lol.
They predicted a shortage of honey a couple of years ago cos of death of our bees caused by foreign ones spreading a disease it didn't happen cos most of our honey is imported, so unless you buy home produced honey there won't be a shortage. A friend of our kept bees and never had a cold then he was diagnosed diabetic and told no more honey, after he always had colds. Must stock up on honey cos price will go up hubby had honey and lemon every night cos he said it helped his breathing.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 01:00 AM

I love porridge - the thicker the better, but it has to be made with full cream milk with a spoonful of golden syrup on top. I love seafood too - especially crab and scallops. Like others, I can't bear the thought of tomato soup or tomato ketchup, although I love tomatoes. Similarly, I love chocolate and will kill for a good cup of coffee, but can't eat chocolate or coffee-flavoured foods and find them really sickly.
Good job we're all different - the world would be a very boring place otherwise!
Caedmon
Hull, England
Caedmon is male  Caedmon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 01:26 PM

Re porridge - I eat occasionally however it gives me indigestion about 30 mins after (I use a spoon of bicarbonate of soda in a little water to sort that out pronto)

I cannot drink tea or coffee with sugar in it but heap sugar in drinking chocolate - and of course I get the inevitable indigestion - but it's worth it

I also cannot swallow Bailey's Cream drink - it makes me gag
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 01:43 PM

Porridge with cream and maple syrup tasting of toffee yum

I can't stand chicken, the smell of it turns my stomach and if I am cooking it for anyone else I have to smother it in herbs to disguise the smell.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 02:13 PM

I think I might shock Uncle Joe with this one. I don't like beef
I can't eat a chunk of it, as is a steak or chunks in a pie. But I can eat it in a lasagna, chilli or meatball form.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

30-11-2012, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Caedmon ->
Re porridge - I eat occasionally however it gives me indigestion about 30 mins after (I use a spoon of bicarbonate of soda in a little water to sort that out pronto)

I cannot drink tea or coffee with sugar in it but heap sugar in drinking chocolate - and of course I get the inevitable indigestion - but it's worth it

I also cannot swallow Bailey's Cream drink - it makes me gag
I thought for a minute you put the bicarb in the porrige, thought well that's different. You say Baileys MAKES you gag, that suggests you've tried it more than once, Why?? what is it with you and Baileys, have you got to win.
My dogs called Bailey and no I didn't name him he came with it.
Caedmon
Hull, England
Caedmon is male  Caedmon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 03:15 PM

I tried Bailey's once only - it will (continue to) make me gag

I was given the drink for helping a student with a dissertation - it was foul - the drink not the dissertation.

Mince pies give me gyp too
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

30-11-2012, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Caedmon ->
I tried Bailey's once only - it will (continue to) make me gag

I was given the drink for helping a student with a dissertation - it was foul - the drink not the dissertation.

Mince pies give me gyp too
is there anything that doesn't?? It's probably your lousy cooking that's caused all this digesive trouble.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top