Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 05:07 PM

Re: Inedible foods.

People, people, people, none of the suggestions for porridge so far are correct. Porridge is made with WATER!!! and NO, it isn't sweetened with anything - salt is added to it in the traditional highland way!!!

As for Mall not eating or liking beef, ok fair enough Mall darlin', but why not try some of the safari meats - Eland, Impala, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich, Venison, Water Buffalo, Wildebeeste, Zebra.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
People, people, people, none of the suggestions for porridge so far are correct. Porridge is made with WATER!!! and NO, it isn't sweetened with anything - salt is added to it in the traditional highland way!!!

As for Mall not eating or liking beef, ok fair enough Mall darlin', but why not try some of the safari meats - Eland, Impala, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich, Venison, Water Buffalo, Wildebeeste, Zebra.
UJ even I don't like porridge with salt in and salts bad for you anyway, uggh
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Sorry Geoff, but bravado only goes so far, not even the hardest Scotsman could eat it like that, I bet on the quiet you're a closet "porridge made with milk and sweetened" man, but daren't admit it to your legion of fans....
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 08:05 PM

I have eaten Venison and it was alright but a bit rich for my taste.
Lamb and pork are my favourites.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 10:26 PM

I've just got a lovely piece of sirloin to put in freezer for Christmas 1/3rd off at Tesco.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2012, 05:38 AM

I think I'll eat just about anything (with the exception of the Phillipino balut).

Porridge - I agree with Uncle Joe - water and a pinch of salt except I like it a bit runnier than most people (I blame Butlins for that) though in mid winter I might use 50% milk.

Whelks? love em, the first thing I did last year when I got to my childhood home was go to the seafront and buy a pint of whelks. In asia I eat their snails love them with chilli, dog steak is OK though I prefer beef or buffalo.

Many years ago when I was out in the bush working I tried fox it smelt disgusting being cooked and tasted even worse, Oscar Wilde was right, totally inedible. Emu, kangaroo, deer, croc are all lovely and so little fat.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2012, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Sorry Geoff, but bravado only goes so far, not even the hardest Scotsman could eat it like that, I bet on the quiet you're a closet "porridge made with milk and sweetened" man, but daren't admit it to your legion of fans....
Absolutely NOT Barry, Porridge is the traditional cereal of the Highland Scots and when it first became popular both milk and sugar were either scarce or not available. Hence they ate it made with water and put salt on it. I ate it that way at college some 25 years ago.

Perhaps we should ask our resident Highland Oracle - Roxy darlin' - where are you???
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

01-12-2012, 12:35 PM

I ate it that way at college some 25 years ago. [[QUOTE]]

weren't you a bit old for college 25 yrs ago
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

01-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Bruce that's horrible!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

01-12-2012, 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=hazel;225327]I ate it that way at college some 25 years ago. [
]

weren't you a bit old for college 25 yrs ago
No Hazel darlin' - an adult residential college for 1 year in which I learned Sociology, Economics, Political and Economic History, Politics. (or at least they tried to teach me those things, in respect of Politics I knew as much if not more of the subject than the tutor). Meals there were fabulous though. Full breakfast at 08.00, coffee & sandwiches at 10.30ish, full lunch at 13.00, more coffee and sandwiches at 3.30ish, Supper at 19.00, and more coffee and sandwiches around 21.00. On Sundays, instead of Supper they called it 'High Tea' but it was still a full cooked meal. In the first term - January - Easter I gained a full stone in weight!!!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top