Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 10:34 AM

Times Radio...Do You Listen To It?

I only discovered this radio station lately.... well, l’d heard of it, so l asked my new Alexa and she found it for me!
There are many presenters and they discuss current affairs.

It’s available on DAB and via an App.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 10:51 AM

Re: Times Radio...Do You Listen To It?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I only discovered this radio station lately.... well, l’d heard of it, so l asked my new Alexa and she found it for me!
There are many presenters and they discuss current affairs.

It’s available on DAB and via an App.
I mostly hear my broadcasts via Freeview TV and the last time I rescanned, Times Radio was not available
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I mostly hear my broadcasts via Freeview TV and the last time I rescanned, Times Radio was not available
LD, That’s a shame, yet l would have thought you would have been able to get it, as it belongs to the BBC.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 11:13 AM

LD, That’s a shame, yet l would have thought you would have been able to get it, as it belongs to the BBC.
Oh come on! The BBC actually being considerate to their licence payers? Mine used to be free until this government allowed the BBC to charge everybody, regardless of their circumstances unless they go cap-in-hand and grovel.
I could go into another room and use the DAB, but why should I when I can choose from a long list of Freeview radio stations, with Classic FM being my favourite while I listen my comfortable recliner
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 07:33 PM

I just asked Alexa for it....people are chatting about something. Not my thing I think for now, but I will try it again through the week
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 08:43 PM

Apparently not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_Radio

Times Radio is a British digital radio station owned by News UK. It is jointly operated by Wireless Group (which News UK acquired in 2016), The Times and The Sunday Times.

News Corp UK & Ireland Limited (trading as News UK, formerly News International and NI Group) (CEO: Rebekah Brooks (remember her?)), is a British newspaper publisher, and a wholly owned subsidiary of the American mass media conglomerate News Corp (Rupert Murdoch: chairman and CEO (remember him?)).

It is the current publisher of The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun newspapers; its former publications include the Today, News of the World and The London Paper newspapers.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-05-2021, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_Radio
Omah, You are correct and l read the search page wrongly. I thought l read it belonged to the BBC but rechecking the info, it stated many of the presenters had been poached from the BBC!

My Apologies to Long Driver, Pixie and all that may have been misled.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 10:22 AM

I just tried it and I like it - Radio 4 just irritates me at the moment, mainly due to politicians refusing to answer a direct yes-or-no question despite repeated asking. I used to enjoy lying in bed in the morning and listening to Radio 4 for half an hour but it seems those days are over.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top