Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:15 AM

Re: Obesity excuses

It really is calories in a calories out if you cut your calories to 500 a day, no matter what you eat sugar, fibre, fluffy clouds from the sky you will lose weight. No one will remain fat.
Not a good idea it's far too low to sustain and you might get ill it was just an illustration.

People can eat what they like if they exercise a lot, I know people eat 6000 calories a day but they burn it off running, if you don't control what goes in calorie wise you have to do insane levels of activity to burn it off.

Best diet I followed I increased my walking and ate 1000 calories just to fuel my body. Could have been chocolate and I would have been hungry all day or as I did protein and vegetables and I was struggling to eat the big amounts I needed to make it to 1000 calories some days.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 12:08 PM

Whilst I understand that different people have different levels of metabolism, I do not accept that as an excuse for becoming a hippo.

Where I worked was a very fat woman. Every lunchtime, there it was: a bowl of salad and that was it.

Tell me, someone, if you don't consume much - especially fat and carbohydrates - where does all of that weight come from?

Is it perhaps the air they breathe in, or does it just appear by magic?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 12:10 PM

Well salad can contain a lot of calories if you have cheese or an oily dressing for instance it can rival a burger.

When I am out and about you won't see me eat much I am a lone eater. she might just be like that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Just for interest, those of you talking about the problems of obesity and ending up as a couch potato:
Are you folks planning to do any exercise today?
Me? Yes, I'm off to the gym in a minute. It keeps me off the net and keeps me fit and healthy
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 12:42 PM

As far as the obesity problem in children oroblem goes, surely it's mainly because no matter what they eat, they spend a huge amount of time sitting...whereas previous generations of children played out most of the time.
Is this a wrong assumption?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 12:53 PM

Not at all.
Children of the fifties ate a load of rubbish too.
Jam butties fish fingers cake all washed down by sweet tea or at times Tizer.
But we were all skinny !
We played a lot outside walked miles to school and didn't really eat between meals.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
When I am out and about you won't see me eat much I am a lone eater. she might just be like that.
That is indeed my answer. I imagine her eating like a mouse in public and then stuffing her face at home when no-one's looking.

Pretending like this doesn't seem to really address their weight problem, does it?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
As far as the obesity problem in children oroblem goes, surely it's mainly because no matter what they eat, they spend a huge amount of time sitting...whereas previous generations of children played out most of the time.
Is this a wrong assumption?
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Not at all.
But we were all skinny !
We played a lot outside walked miles to school and didn't really eat between meals.
Now we have spoiled lazy kids with entitlement issues as well as obesity. Our parents never drove us anywhere. We either walked, biked, or took the bus. Things are different now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-01-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Just for interest, those of you talking about the problems of obesity and ending up as a couch potato:
Are you folks planning to do any exercise today?
Me? Yes, I'm off to the gym in a minute. It keeps me off the net and keeps me fit and healthy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGLzm-Gy0dQ
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Not at all.
But we were all skinny !
That's because we were poor and couldn't afford proper food or bus fares!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top