Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:20 PM

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for not replying sooner but been busy sorting out my computers but they are all working fine now.
Enjoying the sun here for a change, but Scotland is beautiful even in the fog and rain lol.
Will do some catching up on posts now to see what everyone has been upto.
Cheers
Brian
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:29 PM

That's a beauty I love Red Squirrels mind you i love the Greys too but they are causing problems up here with the Reds which is sad. I am a Yorkshireman living in Scotland! opposite way round to yourself lol I still love Yorkshire especially the real fish and chips which is something they haven't quite mastered North of the border but they are trying......
What type of Dog do you have? they are great company and my Rory drives me round the bend sometimes, his latest trick is we pretend to chase each other and he likes to peep round the doors and then set off like a lunatic racing around lol I cringe sometimes as he runs under a coffee table and nearly takes his head off due to not ducking low enough.
Whereabouts in Yorkshire are ya? I used to drag race motorcycles at a place near York great place to visit if haven't been.
Right I am going out critter spotting while the suns still out
Cheers
Brian
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland

02-07-2019, 09:46 PM

That's a beauty, i would be too dangerous with a chainsaw carving lol i have seen some stunning work created with them over the years. Before my hands got knackered I used to carve all sorts of materials like wood/stone/resin/plaster etc but since losing my grip/co-ordination i leave the big chisels alone and now do most with a rotary carver etc makes lots of dust which isn't good for ya lol.
Cheers
Brian
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland

02-07-2019, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A late Hi from me too.

Rudyard Kiplings' home has in the garden a wooden carving of the man himself you might be interested in.

Just shows what can be done with tree stumps

That's a beauty, i would be too dangerous with a chainsaw carving lol i have seen some stunning work created with them over the years. Before my hands got knackered I used to carve all sorts of materials like wood/stone/resin/plaster etc but since losing my grip/co-ordination i leave the big chisels alone and now do most with a rotary carver etc makes lots of dust which isn't good for ya lol.
Cheers
Brian
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland

02-07-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Welcome from me, a dour Scotsman. I now live in Yorkshire.
I'm also interested in music. Played violin in an orchestra and fiddle in a Scottish dance band....

I have a dog, walk a lot, and take pictures of nature.

That's a beauty I love Red Squirrels mind you i love the Greys too but they are causing problems up here with the Reds which is sad. I am a Yorkshireman living in Scotland! opposite way round to yourself lol I still love Yorkshire especially the real fish and chips which is something they haven't quite mastered North of the border but they are trying......
What type of Dog do you have? they are great company and my Rory drives me round the bend sometimes, his latest trick is we pretend to chase each other and he likes to peep round the doors and then set off like a lunatic racing around lol I cringe sometimes as he runs under a coffee table and nearly takes his head off due to not ducking low enough.
Whereabouts in Yorkshire are ya? I used to drag race motorcycles at a place near York great place to visit if haven't been.
Right I am going out critter spotting while the suns still out
Cheers
Brian
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
Cheers
Brian
It's good to see you back with us Brian
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland

02-07-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by TracyG ->
Hi Brian, another asylum seeker here having travelled parts of the UK including 8 years in North Yorks, then onwards via Canada, Belgium then multiple US states finally seeking asylum here in the beautiful north east Scottish coast. Welcome from one much newer newbie.
Blimey you took the long route to find paradise, I only had to go 200 miles to find my place lol you have lived in some great places and most of them have their wild areas like Scotland but ya can't beat chasing wild Haggis through the glen
What part of Scotland are you now? I have toured allover Scotland so probably been their waking people up on my motorbikes lol
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland

02-07-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It's good to see you back with us Brian
Cheers glad to be back! I updated my computers with microsoft update and non of them worked after so been sorting them out and tearing my hair out when it kept telling me to reboot lol
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:10 PM

Glad to see you back Galloway.
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland

02-07-2019, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tasharose ->
Hi Brian, I am also a new member looking for friends to chat with. I live in Canada and enjoy the northern freshwater lakes and countryside. I have a Sweet dog named Tasha. I also enjoy Rock Music particularly 80’s rock. Always available to chat about interests, hobbies etc. Have a Nice Day.
Hi, You live in a beautiful part of the world there, its like Scotland on a giant scale
What type of dog do you have? my Rory is a Havanese who will be two this month, he's really cute but totally different temperament to my last one a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who was so laid back don't think i ever heard him bark.....but Rory for his size he's a great guard dog and never misses anything lol I love him to bits but he is a very cheeky little fella. I have always been into rock music since i was a kid and saw Woodstock on TV so i love anything from 50's upwards if its got guitars, I like Thin Lizzy but also US bands who never seemed to tour here so plenty of Styx and Survivor,Jovi, Kiss, Uriah Heep and Jethro Tull through to Eagles, Poco, Gram Parsons ect my favourite solo singers are Dan Fogelberg, Jim Crocet, James Taylor......I also love band like Deep Purple, Rush, Muse, so many I will shut up now as i could talk about rock music (and country music) all night lol
My long hair may be a bit shorter nowadays but it was longer than my wifes in the 80's lol. I am also a big fan of bad horror movies.....those with a campervan lost in a forest full of lunatics lol and Jason and Michael Myers lol some are so funny.....but i remember walking home in the dark from my girlfriends after watching Halloween and expecting someone to jump out with an axe lol
My home is haunted so have fun and games here at times but won't bore ya with the tales, thankfully they don't seem to be very violent so far but MANY people have witnessed things happening here including a builder who left in a hurry after spotting something and even left his concrete mixer so he must have been pretty spooked?
Oh well won't ramble on anymore
Bye
Brian

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top