Join for free
Indy
New Member!
US
Indy is male 

05-07-2019, 08:08 PM

Favorite Dishes

What are you some of your favorite dishes?

I have very little time in the evenings to put together a real meal, so I often just grab whatever is available to satisfy a hunger.

I would love to have some thoughts of meals I put together on my days off and heat them up later.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 12:32 AM

Re: Favorite Dishes

Not to everybody's taste but I love Sashimi. (Raw cured salmon) I love most Japanese food but this is my favourite and I make it all the time. It's dead easy to make the basic dish. The way I make it would probably not be acceptable in Japan or a serious Japanese restaurant but it's still fine for me and does the trick. If anybody is interested in my method, say so and I'll post it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 05:27 AM

One of my favourites is.

Chicken balls in batter,sweet n sour sauce,special fried rice.

All home made.

Spaghetti bolognese,tastes better the next day.

Chicken Marsala ,is quick to make,very tasty also.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 06:19 AM

One thing we always have in our freezer is little tubs of homemade bolognese sauce ... a basic sauce made with top ingredients ...

Olive oil, beef, onion, garlic, tomato, bay & oregano.

These frozen meals can be used for two dishes, either...

with spaghetti and cheese, or

with beans and Tabasco.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 07:28 AM

Indy, go to OFF's home page and scroll down to Food & Drink. Click on Recipes and you will find lots of tempting ideas. A member called Shropshire girl posts a lot of food ideas.

Just tell us if you like spicy food, rice dishes, fish , eggs or anything else..... and we will soon make you put your kitchen to good use.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
One of my favourites is.

Chicken balls in batter,sweet n sour sauce,special fried rice.

All home made.

Spaghetti bolognese,tastes better the next day.

Chicken Marsala ,is quick to make,very tasty also.
Yes isn't it weird how some food tastes better the day after....chilli is the same I always make it a day ahead.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 09:48 AM

Ask Besoeker for his wife's link to her recipe page she has has some wonderful mouth watering recipes on there.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top