Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:29 AM

Chicken boxes and David Lammy

I am getting sick of David Lammy
What wrong with putting knife warnings on chicken boxes and why does he think it stereotypes black people ?

White people eat chicken too .

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-stupid-by-mps
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:53 AM

Re: Chicken boxes and David Lammy

I can't see messages on chicken boxes having any effect on knife crime and I can imagine the gangs involved in knife crime laughing at them . It also adds to their notoriety. The messages may strike a chord with someone though maybe families of gang members.

However I don't like Lammy , an unpleasant man always looking to take offence whenever possible.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:53 AM

I am getting sick of every time someone, anyone tries to do something to change what is wrong in this country, either a 'do-gooder' pops up to oppose the idea or now, someone uses accusations of racism to ensure the idea goes nowhere.

It is rather surprising the reason given was not also that the box was coloured black with white printing!

What is happening to this country?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 10:17 AM

Attending a meeting with a snotty bunch of francophones in Montreal I remember being told not to ask for a black coffee, just a coffee. Otherwise to request "café au lait" if I didn't want a black coffee.

Naturally I repeatedly slipped up and asked for "Schwarzkaffee".

Well you've got to, don't you? One of the fringe benefits of being a foreigner.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:00 PM

A truly odious person who likes the sound of his own voice and who is a self-publicist adept at playing the race card at every opportunity. The male (can I say that?) version of Diane Abbott - an equally odious person.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:25 PM

On the subject of Diane Abbott 'tis said that standing on top of the Eiffel Tower has a marked similarity to her giving oral sex ----

In both cases looking down would result in a feeling of intense nausea in most normal people.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A truly odious person who likes the sound of his own voice and who is a self-publicist adept at playing the race card at every opportunity. The male (can I say that?) version of Diane Abbott - an equally odious person.
Agree Judd, both with unwarranted king-sized chips on their shoulders. Always whinging about racism when for most of the time it doesn't exist, but instead of making things better, prefer to stand there with a telescope to their eye, just waiting to pounce on anything that they can make look offensive.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:20 PM

This is being discussed on www.order-order.com

David Lammy couldn't find his own arse 'ole with both hands, and can hardly put a coherent sentence together, but it's funny how he manages to do that when he sees an opportunity to play the black card

I wonder if he gets someone to write his script for him?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:59 PM

This is just so racist!

This is racism in action, the positive side of racism. Blacks knife one another, blacks eat fried chicken. I get the connection even if Lammy doesn't.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

No surprise that Diane also thought the chicken boxes were stereotyping blacks .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top