Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 06:00 AM

Is a No Deal Brexit a Worry?

Personally I don't care one way or another whether Britain stays in the EU or not but I came across this short film which does make lot of sense when you look at Britain's current leaders - none of whom seem to have anything in common with most of the population.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 08:18 AM

Re: Is a No Deal Brexit a Worry?

Morning Bruce. I don't want to watch or listen to Stephen Fry's take on Brexit, thanks.

You obviously don't appreciate that here in the UK, he is renowned as an Arch remainer, has-been celebrity Luvvie, part of the London elite establishment that hog the limelight at any opportunity to put down Brexit.

Show me a clip of ordinary North of Watford people, unrelated to the selfish wealth of the South and I will happily watch a fair assessment of people's take on Brexit. But certainly not that obnoxious plank.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Morning Bruce. I don't want to watch or listen to Stephen Fry's take on Brexit, thanks.

You obviously don't appreciate that here in the UK, he is renowned as an Arch remainer, has-been celebrity Luvvie, part of the London elite establishment that hog the limelight at any opportunity to put down Brexit.

Show me a clip of ordinary North of Watford people, unrelated to the selfish wealth of the South and I will happily watch a fair assessment of people's take on Brexit. But certainly not that obnoxious plank.
I can only suggest you listen to the message and not the voice. It’s a bit like rejecting a new house because you don’t like the wallpaper. The whole piece is a criticism of the selfish wealth which is more apparent in the South of England and has the interest of the ordinary people at its heart. However, minds are made up and well just have to agree to disagree and see what happens. I certainly am not of the opinion that the likes of Boris, Jacob, IDS, Dominic Cummings, the ERG etc. , have the interests of ordinary North of Watford people st heart.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 08:46 AM

As usual, SG explains things so well

I watched 4 or 5 minutes of this smug condescending bilge, but had to stop in case I puked over my keyboard
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
I can only suggest you listen to the message and not the voice. It’s a bit like rejecting a new house because you don’t like the wallpaper. The whole piece is a criticism of the selfish wealth which is more apparent in the South of England and has the interest of the ordinary people at its heart. However, minds are made up and well just have to agree to disagree and see what happens. I certainly am not of the opinion that the likes of Boris, Jacob, IDS, Dominic Cummings, the ERG etc. , have the interests of ordinary North of Watford people st heart.
My background is traditional Northern England working class, and for years I voted Labour, but not any more

Even though Boris, JRM, Nigel Farage & co have an educated and upper class background, they speak more for me than Corbyn or anyone else in the current Labour Party

The Metropolitan-Lefty-Liberal-Remainer Esatablishment always expected that support for Leave would be from the Right.
Well it was, but what surprised and shocked them was that most of the support came from traditional Labour voters, and that's something they could never understand
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
As usual, SG explains things so well

I watched 4 or 5 minutes of this smug condescending bilge, but had to stop in case I puked over my keyboard
I can't stand him either, he is a complete Twit...er.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
My background is traditional Northern England working class, and for years I voted Labour, but not any more

Even though Boris, JRM, Nigel Farage & co have an educated and upper class background, they speak more for me than Corbyn or anyone else in the current Labour Party

The Metropolitan-Lefty-Liberal-Remainer Esatablishment always expected that support for Leave would be from the Right.
Well it was, but what surprised and shocked them was that most of the support came from traditional Labour voters, and that's something they could never understand
I’m from a Scottish working class background and used to be a proud member of the Labour Party. I share your despair about the Labour Party of today. The North of England is hurting and can well understand why many voted leave in order to put one over the establishment, many thought to vote remain was to vote for the status quo (in my opinion anyway) In Scotland I have another choice not available to you. I want to see an independent Scotland which, hopefully, will contain a Scottish Labour Party I can vote for.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Personally I don't care one way or another whether Britain stays in the EU or not but I came across this short film which does make lot of sense when you look at Britain's current leaders - none of whom seem to have anything in common with most of the population.

Its a bit too late for clips like this Brucy, we seem to have
found a direction at long last, and we now have a sense of
optimism , the lack of which we have been decrying for
years now on this forum?
l only hope we can continue on vthis course and navigate
all the minefields that are even now being laid in our path
by the high and mitghty?

Regards Donkeyman!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:45 AM

I didn"t watch as frankly cannot stand Him . What on earth does he know .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Duly endorsed SG!!

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top