Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:17 PM

Re: Vaccum sealers!

So glad you got to the root of the problem - happy sealing!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thanks everyone for the advice. But I think I have found out what was wrong - too much liquid! I was trying to vacuum pack some runner beans which I had chopped, blanched and drained. Obviously there was still enough liquid to upset the machine so it wouldn't/couldn't seal.

I left them spread out on a sheet of kitchen roll to dry out a bit longer - tried again - perfect seal!

Snap Dragon to Happy Bunny in 5 seconds flat!

Nothing will be safe now - look out cats!

That really surprises me though Tabs, because if it was the liquid, how come I used to seal pints of milk?

And what about if you wanted to seal some stews, soups etc?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That really surprises me though Tabs, because if it was the liquid, how come I used to seal pints of milk?

And what about if you wanted to seal some stews, soups etc?
Instruction manual says no to soups and stews, Mups. It is only a small sealer. Maybe yours was a more professional one.
You can buy ones that seal jars etc.,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Instruction manual says no to soups and stews, Mups. It is only a small sealer. Maybe yours was a more professional one.
You can buy ones that seal jars etc.,

Oh, I see.
These days, if I want to freeze Bolognaise, curry's, soups, etc, I mostly use those foil freezer dishes like you get with take-aways.
I have frozen some soup in freezer bags though, but I use those ones with the zip tops.

Glad you're sorted now, anyway.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:51 PM

Those cats better behave!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top