Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 12:57 PM

Do You Ever Disgrace Yourself?

Yesterday, l was definitely a disgrace!

I met two of my friends yesterday as we do, every so often. One of them was talking about how she celebrated her birthday in August and as she spoke, l realised l hadn’t sent her a birthday card. I felt so bad and then l realised l had also missed another friend’s birthday in August too.
I couldn’t apologise enough as that’s not like me to forget.

Reeling from that, l went on to the U3A monthly meeting where they have a speaker each time. I got a nice seat at the front and waited for it all to start. It was very warm so l stuffed my coat into my bag.
The new Chairman was full in to giving her opening speech when a mobile phone went off. I looked around to see who the poor offender was and then realised it was my phone ringing!
Embarrassed, l grappled in my bag, under my coat trying to locate it. Could l find it, no and it continued to ring and ring.
Anyway, l eventually found it and shut it up!
I think with the shock of forgetting two of my friend’s birthdays, l forgot to switch it off beforehand.

Next, the chairman introduced an ex deputy headteacher who was giving a talk about, The Tudor Bishops of Worcester (Saints, Sinners, Heretics, Refugees, Italians and Poisoner?)

It was okish but the next thing, my head was on my chest and l had nodded off. How disgraceful of me!
I felt more embarrassed than when my phone was ringing!

Do you ever disgrace yourself?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 01:57 PM

Re: Do You Ever Disgrace Yourself?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Sometimes when my family came down recently my DIL got out the wedding photographs.
I was saying to the family and grandchildren how shocked I had been when my son brought home a stunningly beautiful girl and that she used to have amazing long fair hair. It wasn't till the words had left my mouth that I realised what I had said.

5 children later my beautiful DIL (who is now an amazing mother) has no time for her hair which is usually scrunched up in a pony tail or full of baby food.... and worse . Her children take precedent over her looks.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 02:15 PM

Last time I saw my friend's wife in a pub I said to her "You look like you've lost weight".
She didn't know whether to say thank you or punch me in the face.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 02:28 PM

On the phone business.........
I was serving on a jury. We had a recess where we left the court and I took the opportunity to check my messages. And forgot to switch it off when we went back in.

Sure enough, it rang. The judge was not best pleased.

A little later when the council for the prosecution was spouting off his phone rang. He lost his case.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 05:18 PM

Yesterday, l was definitely a disgrace!

I met two of my friends yesterday as we do, every so often. One of them was talking about how she celebrated her birthday in August and as she spoke, l realised l hadn’t sent her a birthday card. I felt so bad and then l realised l had also missed another friend’s birthday in August too.
I couldn’t apologise enough as that’s not like me to forget.

Reeling from that, l went on to the U3A monthly meeting where they have a speaker each time. I got a nice seat at the front and waited for it all to start. It was very warm so l stuffed my coat into my bag.
The new Chairman was full in to giving her opening speech when a mobile phone went off. I looked around to see who the poor offender was and then realised it was my phone ringing!
Embarrassed, l grappled in my bag, under my coat trying to locate it. Could l find it, no and it continued to ring and ring.
Anyway, l eventually found it and shut it up!
I think with the shock of forgetting two of my friend’s birthdays, l forgot to switch it off beforehand.

Next, the chairman introduced an ex deputy headteacher who was giving a talk about, The Tudor Bishops of Worcester (Saints, Sinners, Heretics, Refugees, Italians and Poisoner?)

It was okish but the next thing, my head was on my chest and l had nodded off. How disgraceful of me!
I felt more embarrassed than when my phone was ringing!

What you need is a calendar (mark important dates).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 05:32 PM

I was just a second away from asking a customer when her baby was due, when thankfully, she interrupted me. I discovered later that she wasn't pregnant, just carrying a bit of weight around the middle.

Phew!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was just a second away from asking a customer when her baby was due, when thankfully, she interrupted me. I discovered later that she wasn't pregnant, just carrying a bit of weight around the middle.

Phew!
Longy, I did a similar thing. I saw a woman who l knew was pregnant. I said, ‘How long have you got to go now?’

She replied, ‘l had the baby a month ago’!

I felt so bad.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-09-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
What you need is a calendar (mark important dates).
Gravitas, l have no excuse as l keep a page a day diary and hadn’t marked the dates as l usually do.

It was just a ‘brain fade’ or l’ve got the beginnings of Dementia?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 06:01 PM

Longy, I did a similar thing. I saw a woman who l knew was pregnant. I said, ‘How long have you got to go now?’

She replied, ‘l had the baby a month ago’!

I felt so bad.
.... I mean
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 08:37 PM

Walking through the Frenchgate Centre with my skirt tucked into my knickers.....
That's the last time I shop in Evans.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top