Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 02:03 PM

I can drive again Yippeeee!!!

Went back to the hospital today for a routine check on the leg (For those who don't know I broke it back in June )

Had another X-Ray and the Doc. said the break had healed up perfectly, I don't need to wear the special 'boot' they gave me, or use the walking sticks, and best of all I can drive again, I was so happy I drove home and I think OH will be happy too as some driving scenarios are not to her likeing.

Only slight problem is the pin which they put on the inside is sticking out a bit (From the bone, not through the skin I hasten to add) so I have an outpatient appointment for Nov. 23rd. to have it opened and the bit sticking out will be cut off. Local anesethic (Sp?) and no need to stay in overnight.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 02:07 PM

Re: I can drive again Yippeeee!!!

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Went back to the hospital today for a routine check on the leg (For those who don't know I broke it back in June )

Had another X-Ray and the Doc. said the break had healed up perfectly, I don't need to wear the special 'boot' they gave me, or use the walking sticks, and best of all I can drive again, I was so happy I drove home and I think OH will be happy too as some driving scenarios are not to her likeing.

Only slight problem is the pin which they put on the inside is sticking out a bit (From the bone, not through the skin I hasten to add) so I have an outpatient appointment for Nov. 23rd. to have it opened and the bit sticking out will be cut off. Local anesethic (Sp?) and no need to stay in overnight.
How wonderful, a man and his car are very hard to seperate. You were a good patient and it paid off.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 02:08 PM

Good news, and good luck with the pin-trimming (eek!) These procedures always seem to sound worse than than they are in real life
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Nice one, and glad you're on the mend!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 02:57 PM

Great news Harvey, the pin sticking out I could lop off in a jiffy mate, with the grinder.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 02:58 PM

Good news Losos!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Great news Harvey, the pin sticking out I could lop off in a jiffy mate, with the grinder.
Yes Denis, I was wondering if they'll get the angle grinder out when they do it - should be OK as long as they don't use a Black & Decker
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:48 PM

Yes Denis, I was wondering if they'll get the angle grinder out when they do it - should be OK as long as they don't use a Black & Decker
Or a dull hacksaw blade.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:48 PM

Good news, I don't envy the cutting back the pin, don't look
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:19 PM

Pleased to hear the good news, Losos! Happy motoring!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top