Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Telescopic
Eastbourne uk
Telescopic is male  Telescopic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 05:06 PM

Angels and demons

Has anyone experienced seeing a spirit /ghost/ or any type of unusual things in there life . I have had a few /have you
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 05:24 PM

Re: Angels and demons

Yes - lots of experiences. Was very psychic as a child, not so much now, probably because my mind is cluttered with everyday matters. We lived in our last house 25 years, the previous owners (married), and lived there 50 years. When we moved in - the next door neighbour told us the lady was asking after her much beloved house, I said we would take care of it. A year later 'events' started to occur in the house. I asked my neighbour if the lady was still with us - she said no - I felt this was the case as the 'events' were of a curious nature. Whats this - whats that. We took it in our stride - never bothered us. One example - a box had been delivered which I left on the dining table, unopened. With a large thick elastic band around the box. We sat with a cup of tea, when suddenly - a very noisy 'twang' of that elastic ! We had to get up and open that box !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 09:07 PM

There are no such thing as Ghosts but there are many strange things in this world.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 12:08 AM

I can report no angels, demons, santa clause, toothfairy or gods here

I think there are lots of scientific oddities that defy explanation and are misinterpreted though...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 07:55 AM

Yes, I've experienced a couple of things. One being when I went to Nottingham with a couple of my friends, one of whom was buying a record player there. We had driven from Birmingham and I had never been to Nottingham before. It was quite foggy and on the drive back, it was difficult to see anything other than grey fug. My friend was driving a little too fast given the fog but I started to feel uneasy and that unease grew and grew until I finally blurted out 'Stop - there's an island right in front of us'. My friend stomped on the brake and the car bumped against something. We got out and there, right in front of the tyres was the beginning of a large, built up island. They looked at me as if I was a complete oddity. I have no idea how I knew that but it has spooked me ever since.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

07-02-2013, 09:47 AM

I have had experiences that some would consider 'paranormal', since I was a kid. Our last home had the weirdest of activity, almost daily, for eleven of the fifteen years we lived there. Film and TV programmes were made of it. However I am very much of the opinion that there is a natural explanation for everything and science will explain all given time.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Yes, I've experienced a couple of things. One being when I went to Nottingham with a couple of my friends, one of whom was buying a record player there. We had driven from Birmingham and I had never been to Nottingham before. It was quite foggy and on the drive back, it was difficult to see anything other than grey fug. My friend was driving a little too fast given the fog but I started to feel uneasy and that unease grew and grew until I finally blurted out 'Stop - there's an island right in front of us'. My friend stomped on the brake and the car bumped against something. We got out and there, right in front of the tyres was the beginning of a large, built up island. They looked at me as if I was a complete oddity. I have no idea how I knew that but it has spooked me ever since.
Its whats known as a premonition - I have had loads of them, we have six senses - not five, just some people are more tuned in than others. A bit like having the gift to paint or write etc.,
Telescopic
Eastbourne uk
Telescopic is male  Telescopic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 02:10 AM

The devil /satan what ever you may call him appeared to me when i was twelve years of age .i have been touched by him 'i have been fighting a battle with him .i feel him he tries and has tried to change me to make me a bad person ' and sometimes he succeeded . I know and feel him around me tempting me . That is when i turned to god and asked for his help and he did . I pray on my own and go to church on my own . I have never thought of god as the one i was teached in school . He is to me someone of more importance then that . We are led to believe what they want us to believe there is a lot more about religion we will never understand . Not all are touched by satan he only comes to those who are vunrable and innocent. Some people are born evil others are chosen . my god came to me when i needed him . I am catholic but have never believed in my own religion i was forced to go to church as a teenager and i hated it maybe i should have gone and not turned my back on god ' and this is why satan came to me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Telescopic ->
The devil /satan what ever you may call him appeared to me when i was twelve years of age .i have been touched by him 'i have been fighting a battle with him .i feel him he tries and has tried to change me to make me a bad person ' and sometimes he succeeded . I know and feel him around me tempting me .
James I think what you are speaking of here is just your conscience.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Telescopic ->
The devil /satan what ever you may call him appeared to me when i was twelve years of age .i have been touched by him 'i have been fighting a battle with him .i feel him he tries and has tried to change me to make me a bad person ' and sometimes he succeeded . I know and feel him around me tempting me . That is when i turned to god and asked for his help and he did . I pray on my own and go to church on my own . I have never thought of god as the one i was teached in school . He is to me someone of more importance then that . We are led to believe what they want us to believe there is a lot more about religion we will never understand . Not all are touched by satan he only comes to those who are vunrable and innocent. Some people are born evil others are chosen . my god came to me when i needed him . I am catholic but have never believed in my own religion i was forced to go to church as a teenager and i hated it maybe i should have gone and not turned my back on god ' and this is why satan came to me
Your post seems rather sad and worrying to me James. Like Meg I think that what is at work is your conscience or a heighened sense of guilt and worry - not the devil. We all get tempted and are capable of both good and bad things. It is simply what makes us human and the choice of what we do or don't do is ouirs to make - not the devil's doing. Was fear instilled into you at an impressionable age? If so it was a very cruel and controlling thing to do and is one of the reasons why I will not subscribe to organised religions. I think you have been given a very strong and troubling conscience at some time in your impressionable youth - before you could discriminate and reason adequately. I don't believe in the devil, angels or a God in the conventional religious sense of the word. We all get tempted and are capable of both good and bad things; we are human beings and this fictional thing called satan does not come only to those who are vulnerable or innocent, although there are some religious organisations who certainly do prey on the susceptible and troubled and in that respect I wouldl call them evil. What we do remains under our control as a choice - we are not being possessed by anything.
You say you did not believe in your own religion and was forced as a child and this is why satan came. This, I think, is some form of manipulative teaching at work when you were young and impressionable and in my opinion was very wrong.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top