Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

22-03-2013, 12:51 PM

Re: colour of cars

Why is green supposed to be unlucky? My eldest's girl's favourite colour is green.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Why is green supposed to be unlucky? My eldest's girl's favourite colour is green.
No idea Willow, it's one of my favourite colours as well. I shall race off to google and see if I can find out ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Well well well, I didn't know there was all that to know about green! Scroll down to 'Poison, Sickness & Misfortune' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 01:18 PM

My hubby's car is a metallic dark green which looks, in certain lights, black.

Until my latest car I've had bright coloured ones! My last one, which I had for about 10 years, was a gold one. I never lost it in a car park but this one is black and, as every other one is either black or silver, I have problems spotting it!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Love green - and thats that
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 03:58 PM

One of my best cars ever was a rover 213, and the colour was down as silk green, it was more of a silvery colour with a slight light greenish tint, beautiful car, there were tears in my eyes when I had to part with it.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 04:31 PM

I had a dark green Avenger estate, cannot praise it highly enough; I think that the reason people may not like green is that it blends into the background and you have to remember to drive with your lights on most of the time. But that can apply to many other colours too.
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 03:26 PM

Aren't they considered unlucky because they blend into the natural environment?

I have a Micra Chic, it's spearmint green (grn/turquoise). I love the colour and I certainly don't blend in!

valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 05:44 PM

I think green is generally considered unlucky, for anything - not just cars.

I like green and take no notice.
However we have a silver car, generally been silver, white or red.
What I don't like are black interiors
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 06:09 PM

I avoided anything green for years as it was my school uniform colour.. I now have a drk green Clio which I love, I do wish my van was the same colour as I dislike it (its cherry red) Several yrs ago I bought new hawking moleskins & they're dark green too & the zip up top im wearing today is a kind of green!! Its odd how as ive got older ive developed a liking for a colour I avoided like the plague for so many years

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top