Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Re: Regrets

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ooooohhh Karen darlin' - bring the sugar and the Gin and we'll make Damson Gin too - delicious and just the thing to wash the fish 'n chips down with.
Gin! Wasn't that called Mother's Ruin?? I'll bring a bottle with Uncle Joe and Pats and I will go off scrumping some potatoes for the chips as well. It's turning into quiet a feast isn't it
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 11:27 AM

Now - it sounds good
Bye for now......
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 11:31 AM

Karen darlin' - we also need an oven too - just thought that with excess of Damsons, if we have flour, butter/margarine, eggs, caster sugar, almond flakes, vanilla essence and some custard, can make Damson sponge pudding and custard for a pudding to follow the Fish 'n chips. - How's that???
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:13 PM

I 'love' puddins......
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

10-04-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
It is probably best if people don't bring up family spats on forums if they don't wish others to comment on them adversely. Sometimes other posters have sympathy with those being complained about! Besides which, if the family members ever got wind of the fact their disputes were being discussed on a forum it isn't likely it would improve the situation.
precisely - all things go - if you say this is me and my problems then expect an analysis - it won't all go your way - karen was deeply hurt by her mother and daughter - and she may be quite right in saying I was wronged and they were wrong but the bottom line is still how do you deal with it - it seems to me that Karen will hold it all of her life? How to get over it is the problem and sometimes that can be painful but also liberating. I diagnosed 'jealousy' on her mothers part and Karen agreed - how do you deal with jealousy - attacking it don't work. what is more intriguing is how karen's daughter believed her grandmother and not karen - that's the key to it all. You see karen we are still talking about you - isn't that gratifying?

one solution is a technique called 'family therapy' - no surprises but all members need to participate in a willing way - not easy to achieve or stalemate remains and the pain
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 05:09 PM

I diagnosed 'jealousy' on her mothers part and Karen agreed - how do you deal with jealousy - attacking it don't work. what is more intriguing is how karen's daughter believed her grandmother and not karen - that's the key to it all.

Precisely mindbender and I repeat; if you have been brought up to believe and trust a parent it is a tough call to believe that Karen's own mother lied about her own daughter. It's a case of being torn not believing one over the other; we are all human, forgive and let go!

mindbender
mindbender is male 

19-04-2013, 06:49 PM

true - when one can forgive oneself then it becomes possible to forgive others now that could be an interesting thread in itself!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2013, 06:54 PM

Forgive oneself - for what.....
mindbender
mindbender is male 

19-04-2013, 07:09 PM

follow me to the new thread!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Forgive oneself - for what.....
Who knows - the Soul and Bender have totally lost me now with that one!

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I 'love' puddins......
Ah, now this I can talk about I read a recipe today about a crumble that doesn't contain any flour or butter and 'no-one will ever know'. The crumble was made, instead, from chopped almonds, sugar and maple syrup. I'm pretty sure I'd know

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top