Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 10:56 AM

Boris Johnson

I don't know if anyone else watched the programme the other night about Boris Johnson and his popularity with the public. I became a bit of a fan of his (courtesy of Have I Got News For You) and wasn't surprised in the least when he beat Ken Livingstone (twice). I've head Boris talk seriously on a few subjects and all the bluff and bluster disappears and he seems very clear on what he's talking about.

Did you become a Boris fan?

It is said of him that he is the only politician for the past few years that has managed to connect with the people and he holds no distinction between the class of people which I think can only be a good thing for the future given as many want him as the Tory leader - what you think, would that work?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 10:59 AM

Re: Boris Johnson

Oh God no Boris as leader, we would be a laughing stock of the world... No Karen - NO
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 11:02 AM

I've been a fan for years, he connects on so many levels with so many people and has a sense of humour that doesn't hurt people. Would he make a good PM ? not sure I do think he could do it but I think he could alientate a lot of the party too which for a PM would be disastrous.
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 11:14 AM

I think he is out to knife Call me Dave, liked his buffoonery on HIGNFY, but would not want him to be PM, dont trust him a bit.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 11:15 AM

As a comedian - not too bad I reckon...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 11:29 AM

The man gives the impression of being a complete buffoon. What we desperately need now are statesmen who can captain the ship out of this mire we are in but they seem pretty thin on the ground at the moment. God forbid if it were a choice between him and Ed Milliband though, I think I'd just head for the lifeboats...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 11:46 AM

Boris for P.M, yes, we may aswell go down laughing.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 12:24 PM

I think the fact Boris has won two terms as London Mayor, has two main reasons. Firstly he does come across as a human being (despite his incredibly privileged background); and secondly, he wasn't Ken Livingstone.
Many people in London, like me, despite being on the left of politics, couldn't stomach any more of Livingstone's corrupt, "jobs for the boys" cronyism, his anti-semitism and his feting of various Islamic fundamentalists.
Of the two, I would rather go out for a night out with Boris than Ken.
Overall, I would rather neither of them were representative of UK politics. It would be nice if we had a party of politicians who actually cared about ordinary people for a change rather than kow-towing to their corporate masters and the EU bureacrats.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 12:47 PM

Cant say but as far as I have seen of him he comes across as an idiot.... but why not have him as PM as most of the others have been the same. If when I go "upaloftto" and meet Mrs Pankhurst I shall tell her I didnt vote and will .apologise.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 01:00 PM

I take it you folks didn't see the Andrew Marr show, Eddie Mair made Johnson really squirm.
If what came out there is true about Johnson, he should be kicked out of politics, and the mayor of London Job
Andrew Marr show

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top