Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 02:32 PM

Re: Boris Johnson

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I take it you folks didn't see the Andrew Marr show, Eddie Mair made Johnson really squirm.
If what came out there is true about Johnson, he should be kicked out of politics, and the mayor of London Job
Andrew Marr show
But did`nt Johnson afterwards turn it round as he always does, bet Cameron wished he had that Johnson knack.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 03:10 PM

I take it you folks didn't see the Andrew Marr show, Eddie Mair made Johnson really squirm.
If what came out there is true about Johnson, he should be kicked out of politics, and the mayor of London Job
Andrew Marr show
I saw it and thought it was disgraceful way to speak to anyone let alone someone you invite onto a tv show ! I think what he has done in the past should stay there, we all make mistakes in our lives and have to be allowed to change and move on. Keeping on about one mistake is rather horrible.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 07:43 PM

From the link :---

Johnson took his Sunday morning screen mauling on the chin, saying magnanimously the following day that Mair had done a "splendid job" and the tough and repeated questions about his character and integrity were completely fair.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 07:57 PM

He would as he is a nice man, me I saw something completely unfair and don't mind saying so because I am not as nice as him
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think the fact Boris has won two terms as London Mayor, has two main reasons. Firstly he does come across as a human being (despite his incredibly privileged background); and secondly, he wasn't Ken Livingstone.
Many people in London, like me, despite being on the left of politics, couldn't stomach any more of Livingstone's corrupt, "jobs for the boys" cronyism, his anti-semitism and his feting of various Islamic fundamentalists.
Of the two, I would rather go out for a night out with Boris than Ken.
Overall, I would rather neither of them were representative of UK politics. It would be nice if we had a party of politicians who actually cared about ordinary people for a change rather than kow-towing to their corporate masters and the EU bureacrats.
I have a sneaking suspicion that dear old Boris would do quite a good job - he is opinionated enough to tell America to fight its own battles for a start!

Apparently, quoting the programme, Boris comes from 'a mongrel background' so maybe that's why he is more in touch with ordinary people.

Other than that, I completely agree with your post.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Andrew Marr show
I don't watch the Andrew Marr show, or anything that resembles it, as it is typical of today's journalism: it's all about confrontation. Why should he be kicked out of politics? Has he done anything that a lot of the others haven't done? The business with Darius Guppy he has already explained that he agreed to supply the address merely to calm the man down. He had an affair - so do many people; Prince Charles continued his affair with CPB whilst married to Diana - should he be kicked out of the royal family line of succession? Personally, as that idiot journalist wouldn't let him get a word in edgeways, I think he stayed very calm.

Not many of us have closets that are empty of skeletons - those casting the first stone and all that ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2013, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He would as he is a nice man, me I saw something completely unfair and don't mind saying so because I am not as nice as him
I would agree with you Julie - his breeding (nothing to do with class status) would prevent him from behaving in the same disgraceful way that the reporter did. That reporters psyche is, to me, what is so wrong with our society.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top