Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 05:52 PM

Re: What is your definition of love?

Love is spotting your other half in a crowd by the way he walks and starting to smile. It's just being able to say a couple of daft words from a film or song and the other one knowing just what it means where nobody else does. It's picking lint off their jacket without thinking, it's being in pain through not being able to laugh out loud at something because you're in public and it might offend someone, it's wishing pain onto yourself rather than him. Feeling their disappointment like it's happened to you. Being angry on their behalf, seeing their greying hair and wrinkles and yet not noticing it or caring. Making fun of each other in a daft jokey way, putting up with their music or TV choices, warming their side of the bed if you're in bed first. It's complicated - and also simple.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 05:54 PM

Spitfire...I feel I know you!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Spitfire...I feel I know you!
Uh-ho.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 06:04 PM

Funny old question to answer this one, I loved my mother and stepfather deeply, and it still saddens me to think they have passed over, but I never had a sexual relationship with them.
Whereas I met and fell in love with my wife, I romanced her and I had sexual relations with her, but I would still have loved without the sex.
I do believe if you are born into a good loving family, it helps you to understand the way forward for you.
If you are born into a bad marriage, the chances are it will rub off on you, if you see violence and abuse between your parents, chances are your marriage maybe similar, I hasten to say not in every case.
That is why I think marriage is very important to a loving family, it makes for a good grounding for a family.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Love is spotting your other half in a crowd by the way he walks and starting to smile. It's just being able to say a couple of daft words from a film or song and the other one knowing just what it means where nobody else does. It's picking lint off their jacket without thinking, it's being in pain through not being able to laugh out loud at something because you're in public and it might offend someone, it's wishing pain onto yourself rather than him. Feeling their disappointment like it's happened to you. Being angry on their behalf, seeing their greying hair and wrinkles and yet not noticing it or caring. Making fun of each other in a daft jokey way, putting up with their music or TV choices, warming their side of the bed if you're in bed first. It's complicated - and also simple.
You are soooooo lucky!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 06:32 PM

Carole - that is the best post to sum it all up - very impressed... Everything you say is so true for Hubbs and me - I even warm his side of the bed first
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-04-2013, 06:58 PM

Our relationship isn't like that, nor would we wish it to be, it wouldn't be us.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 07:08 PM

That's a hard one Willow.
I think if your really love someone you should be prepared to die for them, if such a situation ever arose that is, their happiness and health should be your main concern all through your life. If that sounds like something from a romantic film of the fifties then so be it, as they have always said, true love is very hard to find. There are of course lots of other types of love, to be "In love" is overpowering and makes one do what one would not normally do, for how long is a different matter altogether and that old saying is very true "Love and hate are horns on the same goat." I have only been in love once and I still am, corny but true.
How does it feel?, great sometimes and not so great other times but it's evenly balanced I think.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 07:20 PM

Blimey Spitfire

What are you doing later ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 08:37 PM

That's it exactly ! And lovely it is too when you find it !

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top