UK
Willow is female 

10-04-2013, 03:44 PM

Re: North Korea

Deleted
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Who do you think is the greatest politician we have ever had in this country or the world in general?

Not that I am prejudiced or anything but I vote for my Dad who was excellent in the role for a number of years. He was the equivalent of a UK cabinet minister. I believe his portrait hangs in one of the museums as a tribute to him.

I think Winston Churchill was the best politician to see Britain through WW2 even if he wasn't any good as a peacetime PM.

I like Obama, I think he is probably the best President the US has had in my lifetime.

No Willow Churchill was a lousy politician - he was directly responsible for the debacle of Galipoli in WW1 with thousands of casualties, caused General Wavell to deplete his forces in the western desert and insisted the army send troops to Greece and Crete in an attempt to save both Greece and Crete from German invasion, thus depleting the army in Libya which allowed Rommell to advance in the western desert and with insufficient forces, wasn't able to save either Greece or Crete either anyway. He sent HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse to the far east without air support and caused their sinking by Japanese bombers with a huge loss of life.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Personally I think that all the threats are more for the internal consumption of the people than genuine threats. They must be well aware that if they start anything they'll be annihilated.
Absolutely Alan I think Kim Jong-un is doing a bit of sabre rattling to send a message to his own people that he is a big tough man and as a subtle warning to remind them to stay in their place.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Absolutely Alan I think Kim Jong-un is doing a bit of sabre rattling to send a message to his own people that he is a big tough man and as a subtle warning to remind them to stay in their place.
Absolutely agree.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 06:21 AM

It seems to me....The only Person who should be talking to Korea is Super Nanny.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 01:43 PM

It might kick off sooner than we think, I've heard someone's nicked Kim Jong-un's binoculars.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 03:10 PM

I wonder where our nuclear submarines are at this moment, I bet they are in the area.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I wonder where our nuclear submarines are at this moment, I bet they are in the area.
I bet they are too. Probably in South Korean waters.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I bet they are too. Probably in South Korean waters.

They don't have to be anywhere near North Korea - the range of a Trident missile is many 1000s of miles. Not that it matters one iota, since we can't fire any of them without America's say so.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 02:56 PM

This is an hour long but gives an insite into the country and some of its people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oULO...layer_embedded

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top