Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 11:01 PM

Newsnight

I think I may have asked this question (sorry for the use multiple I's) before
There is a woman on Newsnight championing nuclear proliferation, we are used to hearing such talk from testosterone fuelled blokes, but is it O.K to hear such talk from the gentler side of the species, are the genders finally converging?.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 11:53 PM

Re: Newsnight

Women have the right to an opinion about all aspects of life and politics and a right to voice it. We may have a more balanced view because we are not testosterone fuelled and less confrontational and more likely to appease without subservience. Are we converging?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is a woman on Newsnight championing nuclear proliferation, we are used to hearing such talk from testosterone fuelled blokes, but is it O.K to hear such talk from the gentler side of the species, are the genders finally converging?.
Presuming Newsnight is a TV or radio program. To use this to say the genders are converging on this evidence of a proposal made on a TV show seems to make as much sense as making such a claim because we have female bus drivers or prime ministers.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Presuming Newsnight is a TV or radio program. To use this to say the genders are converging on this evidence of a proposal made on a TV show seems to make as much sense as making such a claim because we have female bus drivers or prime ministers.

I can only respond to what is being delivered to my "Lug Holes", ladies used to be light fluffy characters (in my world) it is a sad loss to vex the prospect they have a hard inner core. Thank You.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It shows that there are as many idiotic women as there are idiotic men.

I think women lost their feminine side when men began to lose their gentlemanly behaviour. So sadly, I do think men and women are beginning to converge.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

06-04-2013, 03:19 PM

So sadly, I do think men and women are beginning to converge.

I don't see any problem with that!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->

I don't see any problem with that!
I quite like the differences between men and women, I like having qualities that are not uniform to men and vice versa - imo, that's when relationships work best. That's not to put women in a subordinate position (which is what happened) but to combine different, but of equal important, strengths. Then again, I dislike loud, uncouth behaviour in men and women so I'd prefer some men to up their game and move away from the Neanderthal state they seem to want to stay in !
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

08-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I quite like the differences between men and women, I like having qualities that are not uniform to men and vice versa - imo, that's when relationships work best. That's not to put women in a subordinate position (which is what happened) but to combine different, but of equal important, strengths. Then again, I dislike loud, uncouth behaviour in men and women so I'd prefer some men to up their game and move away from the Neanderthal state they seem to want to stay in !
By highlighting differences between men and women it usually puts the female of the species in a subordinate role. there is very little a man can do that a woman can't or visa versa.

I hope the day will come when women don't feel they have to dress and behave in such away as to attract a man. I have never bothered to dress up, or do anything to attract the opposite sex, I have just been me. I met my husband to be when I was 15, it was a case of, 'I am who I am don't try to change me', and visa versa. It worked ok for us.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

08-04-2013, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
By highlighting differences between men and women it usually puts the female of the species in a subordinate role. there is very little a man can do that a woman can't or visa versa.
That only happened because men forced women into a subordinate role (physically, they are the stronger of the two in general) and, by default, female qualities were similarly regulated. Many men don't see women that way any more and fully appreciate things women can do that they can't. It is a scientifically proven fact that women have a greater ability for communication and empathy (testosterone makes it difficult for men to feel empathy the way women do), women can multi-task better. I would hate to be with a man that was a carbon-copy of me - it would be dull.

I hope the day will come when women don't feel they have to dress and behave in such away as to attract a man. I have never bothered to dress up, or do anything to attract the opposite sex, I have just been me. I met my husband to be when I was 15, it was a case of, 'I am who I am don't try to change me', and visa versa. It worked ok for us.
I agree entirely with you about the 'this is who I am' and it's something I wish I had done many years ago so I'm a tad envious that I didn't have (back then) your strength of character to stick to that.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 12:00 PM

When I was a young man the whole attraction to women was their femininity, the softness of their skin, frilly dresses, the way they walk and talk, and all the rest that went on to make up a real girl, vive la difference!, the tomboy type of girl was a complete turnoff for me at that time. Christ when I look at some of the young one's today they wouldn't attract me, frighten me more likely, some of them are tougher and meaner than western outlaws, is it any wonder men want to marry other men today, the whole gender thing has gone haywire, but like I'm always saying, I'm very old fashioned.
Yes Spitfire they are definitely changing for the worst in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top