Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 06:53 PM

Re: What is your best and worst bit ?

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I have a teenager, so might as well be on my own.
I hate not having anyone to laugh with about silly little things & to hug me when I'm sad. I love - no snoring, smelly socks & not having to leave notes saying where I've gone on impulse. But then I still get texts from my wasband if he's visiting my daughter asking what time I'll be home!

New word "Wasband"?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 06:58 PM

I've never heard that before - great word huh....?
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 07:02 PM

Yes I thought that was clever too....like it ;0)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 07:29 PM

If I was left to live on my own I suppose I would just have to get used to it, I would miss the wife's cooking, can't boil an egg meself, and of course the mutual slagging. I love peoples company and get plenty of that in the pub, but I also like to have time to myself and I think I would manage well enough on my own eventually.
Just a fleeting thought, one advantage of being schizophrenic is you'll never have to live on your own.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 07:34 PM

Other than that Jem - become a ventiliquist
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I'd say it would be very confusing on a prison officer if he had to stand guard outside the solitary confinement cell of a schizophrenic ventriloquist.
Now you have me going mad Pats.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 08:18 PM

I have only had to fend for myself, when the other half went away for 8 weeks for my D.I.L confinement, and about 4 fishing holidays on my own.
The 8 weeks was awful, I coped in the home all right, but didn't like talking to myself.
The washing was done OK and I fed myself really well.
The fishing holidays were entirely different, because it was cooking on a camping stove, sleeping in a bag and washing in the water, by the end of a week I was pleased to get a good shower.
I could live alone, but I don't want to.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 11:37 PM

I got slated for making the observation that, we come into this world alone, and exit in the same fashion, aside of maternal mother, midwife, and undertaker, so a lifetime can be spent on one's own, if the individual feels no connection with the maternal input, and the support of external agencies.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Love it Pats.

I have a morbid interest in Ventriloquists, after seeing the homicidal dummy in the unsettling B/W film "Dead of Night" .

Michael Redgrave is at his best in this 1945 classic, also featuring Googie Withers, Felicity Kendall's mother.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 10:17 AM

Best - Being able to do what you want when you want in the knowledge that it will not affect others (up to a point, obviously).
Worst - not being able to share things

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top