Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 02:25 PM

Re: What is your best and worst bit ?

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Love it Pats.

I have a morbid interest in Ventriloquists, after seeing the homicidal dummy in the unsettling B/W film "Dead of Night" .

Michael Redgrave is at his best in this 1945 classic, also featuring Googie Withers, Felicity Kendall's mother.
I agree Robert. I do have a fascination meself on the subject, the vents are very good at convincing us they are talking 'with' a doll (whatever it be) just sometimes - 'so' convincing
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 06:39 PM

All best bits no worse bits for me
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 04:05 AM

I think I could jog along okay on my own but hope I don't have to for a very long long time.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
you come home after being out side for 5 mins to hang the washing.... they are so glad to see you.... hubby wouldnt of even noticed I had gone out ;0)
This is probably the thing that I love about our dogs and which makes me think they are better than humans in so many ways, as Byron wrote "All the virtues of man with none of his vices"

Sadly Bara is old and in poor health now but everytime we come back from a trip to town she forces herself to trot down to the gate to welcome us back.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

14-04-2013, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
This is probably the thing that I love about our dogs and which makes me think they are better than humans in so many ways, as Byron wrote "All the virtues of man with none of his vices"

Sadly Bara is old and in poor health now but everytime we come back from a trip to town she forces herself to trot down to the gate to welcome us back.
If Byron wrote that it is crazy, imo. Some dogs are nice enough creatures, others are very nasty indeed and should be put down.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Yes 'put down' thanks to the owners handling of them....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->

Yes thats why I love them... sadly some people will never know the pure unconditional love provided by a dog .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-04-2013, 06:43 PM

Thats sad - yet true Bags...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Love it Pats.

I have a morbid interest in Ventriloquists, after seeing the homicidal dummy in the unsettling B/W film "Dead of Night" .

Michael Redgrave is at his best in this 1945 classic, also featuring Googie Withers, Felicity Kendall's mother.
I have a phobia of those dummies (they're all possessed) and clowns!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 10:08 PM

I hate sleeping alone, I hate having nobody to share evenings with, I dislike having nobody thats looking forward to seeing me every night too.
I dont much care for being alone but ive got my dogs but never has one of them said I look nice or brought logs in for me!! I do have a bloke in my life now but he doesnt live here & probably never will... complicated situation but our choice in a way.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top