Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 07:57 AM

Any one thing

Is there any one thing/experience/person who has/which has impacted/influenced your life?

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 08:42 AM

Re: Any one thing

Two really, my Grandmother and my first teacher. Both were wonderful women who shaped my early life with their influence I survived my childhood and have passed on some of their goodness I hope to the next generation in our family.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

08-04-2013, 09:31 AM

Once I managed to kick the awful Christian faith of my childhood into touch, I try not to be influenced by anyone or anything, I just do what seems right for me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 01:04 PM

I admired a lot of people I knew over the years and received some good advice from them but if I was to nominate the greatest influence in my life it would have to be my grandmother on my father's side. She raised my older brother and me during the 1950's when my dad was hospitalised with TB. She thought us good manners and respect for others, told stories of olden times, played practical jokes, I could go on all day about this woman. Most important to us in later life was the lesson to never expect nothing for nothing and don't be disappointed if you are let down by others, get up and on with it, never take anything for granted. Her sense of humour never left her even when she was coming to the end of her life, in my eyes she was an unforgettable character, and there's never a day goes by that I don't think of her and smile, God rest her good soul.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 01:11 PM

She sounds wonderful - I have such respect and love for my grandmother too - God she had a 'hard life'.....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 03:17 PM

My parents influenced me. Always brought me up to respect others and see the good in them! Not sure if I stick to it nowadays though!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Once I managed to kick the awful Christian faith of my childhood into touch, I try not to be influenced by anyone or anything, I just do what seems right for me.
Are you sure you have kicked religion ? You seem to talk about it a lot for some one who is a non believer...

me thinks the lady doth protest to much...... go on you can tell us we know you love it really
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

08-04-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Are you sure you have kicked religion ? You seem to talk about it a lot for some one who is a non believer...

me thinks the lady doth protest to much...... go on you can tell us we know you love it really
Ha! Ha!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 04:52 PM

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 04:54 PM

I'm biting down on a piece of rope

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top