Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 08:08 PM

Re: Dreams

Anyone have really odd ones?
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 08:22 PM

I have had one that has been repeated ever since I was a kid ... normally when im tired stressed or upset. Its takes place in the place where I really am at the time , I wake up (in the dream) get out of bed and I can float, I just float around the room Im in for a while then I really wake up.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 08:47 PM

I very seldom dream nowadays. We used to have an old regular in the local, he was a country man and he had an interpretation for any type of dream, everyone would go to ask him about their odd dreams and he was usually on the ball, sadly he died a few years ago. I do remember him saying one thing about dreams and it stuck with me, he said "When you dream you're dead jimmy, you are dead."
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Anyone have really odd ones?
I do, one is bigger than the other one, but I fail to see the relevance to this thread.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Does anyone know anything about the meaning of dreams?
I keep dreaming that I have to go back to houses I've lived in before, break in and collect up all sorts of stuff I left behind, often my kids toys! The more I pick up the more there is! (I've jut moved across the road & hope I don't get the urge!)
I also have one where I can't find my way out of my old school.
Any ideas?
Twizard A lot of research has been carried out with regard to dreams and they are thought to be some kind of 'filing system' for the brain where thoughts and events which have happened in recent days are reviewed and assessed .

You may not remember having had certain thoughts, they could have been fleeting. I find if I do remember dreams (which is rare these days ) they do indeed have some connection to the events or thoughts experienced during my day .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 09:54 AM

I go along with Meg's post. I've heard that the sub-conscious mind never sleeps and is alert and going all the time (which is why you'll wake up if you hear a noise in the house that shouldn't be happening) and that dreams could be nothing more than 'messages' from the self-conscious mind as it attempts to sort things out that you may be worrying/thinking about. It apparently doesn't do a brilliant job as the sub-conscious mind has no concept of right or wrong, fact or fiction (that, apparently, is where the conscious mind comes into play), it just deals in facts as presented. So, if all that is accurate, dreams are like a slide show trying to tell you possible solutions or scenarios that might help. Fascinating stuff though.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:27 PM

I need a shrink?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:35 PM

Jem =
Paul - I 'knew' one of us would come up with the response you gave......
Twiz - No gal - you dont
My Hubbs - always has 'odd' dreams - usually animals that can talk As he relates the dream - we are in fits of laughter.....
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 09:11 AM

Interesting Twizard, interesting that you have returned to live across the road. We often return to our roots because we feel safe and nothing wrong with that.
Dreaming that you return to the past to pick up stuff you left behind suggests you feel that there is 'unfinished business' in the past.

In fact we can often feel this, if only......, maybe I could have......, perhaps I could have........ This is natural however some dwell on past so ask yourself, is there anything that troubles you back in the past, write it down, maybe talk about it and then let it go because it is past.
Living opposite the house you lived in back then is triggering the past. Just say thank you to the house.

Happiness in this home.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

14-04-2013, 05:42 PM

No I'm not across the road from that house, moved over the road from my last house (sorry didn't explain well). I would have to write a novel to get out of my system things that have gone wrong for me, unfortunately I'm one of those people that goes from one disaster to the next. The thing is I get stressed but I'm always optimistic & don't get depressed, maybe that's why it comes out in my dreams I suppose! Thanks for your thoughts.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top