Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 12:33 PM

Mararet Thatcher Versus Michael Jackson

Which of these sadly departed icons of our time, had the most lasting effect on your lives. Maggie came to power in 1979, the same year as Jacksons “Off The Wall” album was released, now if you are 50 (the entry level age for this forum) or just over you will have been 16-18 ish at the time, you would probably not have been in the position to buy a council house, you were probably not a Miner, Car Worker, Steel Worker, Public Utility Worker etc etc, but there is a strong likely hood you had a copy of, Off The Wall. Now if you did have a copy of this there is a good chance you made love to the strains of such tracks as “She’s Out Of My Life” maybe on the sofa, with the vinyl spinning on the HiFi, or in your steamed up car with the eight track whirring away, in the words of the Imagination track “Searchin' for lust, Searchin' for breath, Searchin' for the touch of life”, for this reason it’s Jacko for me, can’t begin to imagine getting in the mood to one of Maggies speeches..
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

10-04-2013, 12:37 PM

Re: Mararet Thatcher Versus Michael Jackson

I didn't agree with much of what MT did, but at least she stood by her principles. Jackson was a sick weirdo and probably a pervert too, so there is no comparison.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 12:44 PM

Neither of them for me....
The way I got onto the housing ladder was thru a policy of the GLC, who helped so many first timers by giving us a reduced mortgage rate that slowly increased, and, a 100 per cent, if required. Otherwise low deposit. A much better idea than selling council houses and not re-building for the future - because thats they way MT wanted it ...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I didn't agree with much of what MT did, but at least she stood by her principles. Jackson was a sick weirdo and probably a pervert too, so there is no comparison.
So did Hitler!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:19 PM

Like I said before - its not always wise - sticking to yer guns - bound to fire blanks at some stage.....'tut'
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:19 PM

MJ had more talent than ANY performer ever, living or dead. He was sadly so manipulated and isolated that it affected him badly in many ways. No one could handle having that much talent and media attention (also abuse) without being severely affected psychologically. We will never see his like again. A musical, dancing genius!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:45 PM

We would never have been housed if it weren't for Mrs T, MJ was merely a blip on the horizon compared to her. And she was never suspected of child abuse so no comparison for me.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

10-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
MJ had more talent than ANY performer ever, living or dead. He was sadly so manipulated and isolated that it affected him badly in many ways. No one could handle having that much talent and media attention (also abuse) without being severely affected psychologically. We will never see his like again. A musical, dancing genius!
I disagree his performances were that of a highly disturbed sicko. It was terrible that he was permitted anywhere near children, especially his own three who must have been damaged by the weird way he treated them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-04-2013, 02:11 PM

We dont often agree - Willow and me
But just sometimes - we sing from the same tree

I think those that were 'helped' by Mt's policies - will, rate her highly....
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 08:13 PM

Couldn't abide either and for very different reasons of course.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top