Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 04:45 PM

Re: How far would your country have to push you before you up and left ? Or would you sta

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->

What would it take to push you ?
It would take a good man to pull me
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 04:46 PM

Re: How far would your country have to push you before you up and left ? Or would you sta

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Sharia law (or any kind of religious dictatorship) would make me fight, not leave.
Even as a religious person I would fight any religion including my own if it looked to be becoming too political. Secularism is best for countries so we all get an equal footing.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 05:55 PM

its been done we left the uk in the 80s when mrs thatcher came into power
we got fed up of trying to make ends meet so we emagreated to canada
love love it here best thing we have ever done
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Left here in 80's too, went to S. Africa. Came back when marriage broke up, for years I wished I hadn't, then I was glad I did, now I wish I hadn't!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 06:54 PM

O'h Twiz - you're name suits you now gal, spirralling up and down ya are
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
its been done we left the uk in the 80s when mrs thatcher came into power
we got fed up of trying to make ends meet so we emagreated to canada
love love it here best thing we have ever done
Yep - wish we had gone to Canada too....
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 07:05 PM

I think that we have weathered what has been throw at us over the years, so I think we'll stay.
But a close family member and their family had, had enough and have gone to far off lands.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 07:35 PM

We are all being screwed left right and centre here at the moment but nothing would ever make me leave the town I was born and raised in, love it too much.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

18-04-2013, 07:43 PM

not so much push as "sold down the river without a paddle" I think - wasn't it MT who took us into the EEC? and now look what a fine mess you've got us into Ollie!

Once a great Empire and now kow towing to the whims and fancies of the EEC and all the fat cats therein.

They never pushed us they pulled us!

anyway the greatest contribution the UK has made to the world IMO is migration and many places have benefited - unfortunately what you are getting in return is not quite the same.

so what would it take?............- selling the family silver! like who 'owns' most of London now?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 10:38 PM

I'm staying put whatever, the colonies are grumbling, when the sh1t hits the fan, the nation that has led the world will get splattered first, I'm ready for a facefull.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top