Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 11:36 PM

Re: How far would your country have to push you before you up and left ? Or would you sta

Leave the Highlands?....Never. I'd fight with my last breath.
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 02:32 AM

Re: How far would your country have to push you before you up and left ? Or would you sta

We did leave for Aus. in the early 6o's. We lived in London and rental property was almost impossible to find. There have been times when I wished we hadn't but by and all we don't regret our decision.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

19-04-2013, 03:02 AM

I have many friends and family in England - whenever I talk to them the conversation inevitable turns to the weather and their grumbles about it. When I ask them "why put up with it year after year"? - their responses are usually inaudible - mutter, mutter, mutter and the common one - too late to leave. In Feb 1981 my wife drove me up the motorway to London airport in thick snow to start our adventure in OZ she followed a few weeks later -never looked back - it is the lucky country and has a strongly controlled immigration policy - if it changed that to open slaver I'd leave!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 08:04 AM

England and UK really aren't that bad, weather ? we get all sorts but how boring to know what you are getting up to each day. Only thing I would do if we could afford it is move up the country, much as I love Surrey it's a little crowded now and there is more space as you travel north.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

19-04-2013, 08:48 AM

You would find it hard to find a better country than the UK, imo.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

19-04-2013, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
You would find it hard to find a better country than the UK, imo.
Why?? there must be dozens of countries that offer a better lifestyle than UK!
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

19-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
Such as?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
They may suit you but England has what I want, I have never felt the need to even holiday abroad when we have so much to see in this country.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

19-04-2013, 09:18 AM

I like my home island for a holiday but wouldn't wish to live there again, the UK is where it is at as far as I am concerned. I have been abroad on holiday from time to time, but have no wish to go again, not even to visit family and friends.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:31 AM

I did up and leave the UK 20 years ago. I had already noticed falling standards but then my daughter was attacked a few miles from home and I wouldn't let my son go to the park unless his sister and her friends took him (he didn't want to go with his mum - not cool apparently ) and that made me wonder what kind of life is that. I uprooted them and brought them here. For them, it was the best thing I could ever have done for them - me, I miss home every day.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top