Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Re: How far would your country have to push you before you up and left ? Or would you sta

Too true... I lived most of my life in Hampshire (although I worked abroad for many years) and now I couldn't afford to go back. The cost of living is much less up here. But as for appreciating our own backyard - It's my backyard for now, but I'm always looking for new ways to improve it!

If I can raise another point - following your children. I've come upon several people who have either moved to be near their children, or children who have settled near their parents. I don't totally go for that. You cannot make decisions solely based on others. You have your own race to run and should not be held back unnecessarily by family ties.

My children settled in different parts of the country and then we moved form the south coast to N.Scotland. Both places were far from our (late) parents.

I'm sure plenty will disagree, but you can't chase around all the time. You've got to go where's best for you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 09:17 PM

Re: How far would your country have to push you before you up and left ? Or would you sta

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Meg !!! your never to old to change ....... Now put those old socks in the wash and get a fresh pair ......;0)
Baggy I counted up one day and I have lived in 23 houses in 6 counties, apart from my forest resting place I am hoping I never have to move again.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Baggy I counted up one day and I have lived in 23 houses in 6 counties, apart from my forest resting place I am hoping I never have to move again.
Don't count on it Meg, those Bailiffs are resourceful fellows.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top