Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 10:43 AM

reet poorly :(

On day 3 in bed with one of my heads I hate migraines.. Neck feels like its being twisted off & from my left temple and across my eyes is throbbing. Been very sick yesterday but not yet today. Going on all previous spells of this I should be feeling a bit better around early evening.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 10:50 AM

Re: reet poorly :(

Poor you - that sounds awful.
I really hope your forecast is right and you will be better by tonight
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 10:54 AM

Awww,Cassie so sorry to hear you are poorly, healing vibes sent to you. and hugs.......x
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 10:58 AM

Sorry to hear you are unwell - Nasty Migraines, I suffer too.

I have Bronchitis at mo.................bluh feel yuk too.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 10:59 AM

That's too bad Cassie, . . are you taking anything for it ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 12:25 PM

Sorry you're feeling so bad Cassie, I hope the migraine goes soon...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 05:26 PM

Hope you feel better soon.. get on my detox!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 05:53 PM

Sorry to hear about you Migraines Cassie I started to get Migraines after my son was born. I used to get them for three or four days at a time with blurred vision and vomiting. The episodes were a nightmare and the pain was so bad I wanted to bang my head against the wall just to experience a different sort of pain . I tried all sorts of medications from the doctor but nothing worked.

0ne day I was in Boots and talking to pharmacist about Migraine and he asked if I had tried Migril, the drug isn't a pain killer it is a vasoconstrictor and anti-emetic and the main constituent is ergot .

I asked the doctor about Migril and got a prescription and they worked for me and I can honestly say they made a huge difference to my life . They can't be prescribed to people with certain medical conditions or on some medication and alcohol and grapefruit juice must be avoided when taking them.

I used to take just one pill at the start of an episode and that usually stoped it altogether or reduced the intensity.
When I reached the menopause the migraines stoped instantly so they were obviously hormone related.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 06:33 PM

Thanks all for the well wishes.. As predicted im now up and about just wobbly and very hungry.
There's a few things I cant take as they clash with my heart meds so I have to be careful.
So much for my memory foam pillow I was sure it was the answer to all my problems Will go back to a soft neck brace.. not my best look but it stops my neck collapsing in a wonky way (injury involving my horse and the dustmen)!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2009, 06:36 PM

I hope you are feeling better Cassie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top