Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Re: Vitamins and Supplements

I've taken glucosamine chondroitin with MSM for years which normally keeps my arthritis well in check; recently had a nasty flareup and have changed to trigosamine with has g & c plus hyaluronate for joint fluid, and it's working wonderfully. Am typing without pain in my left hand now.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 08:59 PM

I'm glad you've discovered something that helps your arthritic pain, dandysmom.

Currently I take glucosamine and calcium with Vit D. The latter because it was recommended for people who take steroids which makes you more vulnerable to osteoporosis. I take Vit C in the winter months and increase dosage if I feel anything "coming on" - works most of the time too. If not, then echinacea - I like the soluble kind.

Should we have a separate thread for herbal/homeopathic remedies we've found that work, do you think?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 10:33 PM

Sounds good to me. Angie!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 10:37 PM

Sounds good to me as well Angie-I'm quite interested in herbal/homeopathic remedies
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

01-09-2009, 08:11 AM

Yep - sooo many

Glucosamine and Chondroitin for my knee joints
Omega 3 fish oil for the arthritis in my hands
Vit B6 complex for something else that I can't remember, and I'm too scared to stop!
Sage for the hot flushes....

I'm a chemist's dream.....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

01-09-2009, 08:53 PM

[QUOTE=Vicki;5667]Yep - sooo many

Vit B6 complex for something else that I can't remember, and I'm too scared to stop!

OMG that is sooo funny!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 09:03 PM

For arthritis "Seatone" capsules are really good, you get them from Boots or any other chemists, they're Green Lipped mussel extract, the mussels are only found off the eastern coast of New Zealand in the clear Pacific, even doctors are prescribing them now, there's no chemicals in the whatsoever.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 09:05 PM

I don't take anything other than the pain killers I have from the doctor every month, I have been advised to though x
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

02-09-2009, 07:23 AM

The "mouth ulcers" post has reminded me that's what I take the Vit B 6 Complex for. I haven't had an ulcer for years
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

02-09-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
For arthritis "Seatone" capsules are really good, you get them from Boots or any other chemists, they're Green Lipped mussel extract, the mussels are only found off the eastern coast of New Zealand in the clear Pacific, even doctors are prescribing them now, there's no chemicals in the whatsoever.
I've taken them also, Nero in addition to the glucosamine/chrondroitin; seem to help also. The brand here is Lyprinol. I'm out of them at the moment, must re-order.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top