Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 08:18 AM

Re: Wimmen drivers...

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well let's be fair, you can never totally believe anything that is written in any newspaper these days
I read that lots of people can get misled by spoof news stories, including Sky News ..unless it's a spoof of course.

http://www.suffolkgazette.com/busine...ffolk-gazette/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by tomtwodogs ->
One of our drivers came into the depot the other day suffering from severe trauma, when asked what had happened, he said he was waiting to come out of a side road. and a woman driver ,...let him out !!! no,.. we didn't believe it either, they usually pull across you and block the exit !

all complaints to admin...please
Cheeky I always try to let people out also let pedestrians cross the road. Don't care how annoyed the male drivers get about it either and it does tend to be them bashing their stealing wheels and swearing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Yep! Wimmen drivers, I was going to put this in the jokes section, but it really happened...

http://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/motorhome-crash/

She thought that the cruise control worked with the satnav to keep it on the road!

You stupid woman!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 09:48 AM

If the road was completely clear of traffic and junctions and the vehicle had cruise control and lane assist, then it might be possible. (In theory of course).

Don't try this at home folks!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 03:37 PM

I have on occasions been aware I am driving on 'remote control' , haven't got cruise control.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 03:42 PM

When I used to work early mornings I often arrived at work no idea how I got there. Luckily I usually got the bus
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 04:48 PM

Daft as it seems, this actually happened in america, same thing although it was a man, set cruise in his motorhome and left the driving seat to make a coffee, the motorhome crashed, and he successfully sued the manufacturer for not making it clear in the handbook, how to use cruise control, forcing the manufacturer to reprint all its manuals, showing how cruise control worked..!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by tomtwodogs ->
One of our drivers came into the depot the other day suffering from severe trauma, when asked what had happened, he said he was waiting to come out of a side road. and a woman driver ,...let him out !!! no,.. we didn't believe it either, they usually pull across you and block the exit !

all complaints to admin...please
Actually Tom I really disagree with you, I think women drivers are much more courteous than male. I will admit I don't like reversing
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Daft as it seems, this actually happened in america, same thing although it was a man, set cruise in his motorhome and left the driving seat to make a coffee, the motorhome crashed, and he successfully sued the manufacturer for not making it clear in the handbook, how to use cruise control, forcing the manufacturer to reprint all its manuals, showing how cruise control worked..!
No, that didn't happen either. It's the same untrue spoof story with a different variation. As said earlier, there are a number of variations. The one above is yet another:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...lawsuit-claims
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
No, that didn't happen either. It's the same untrue spoof story with a different variation. As said earlier, there are a number of variations. The one above is yet another:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...lawsuit-claims
I bet they loved you at school.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top