Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 03:21 PM

Re: The infected finger saga

Any progress?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 03:56 PM

Thanks for asking DM but no, I finished the AB's weeks ago but it aint healed properly, it's not painful, there's a scab on it, also it's a bit reddish looking but I've given up hope of it ever being fully healed which all points to something still in there don't it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 11:31 PM

That's going on far too long, maybe worth another trip back to the doctor...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 12:18 PM

Last night I'd had enough, about 10pm I got a sharp knife out and dug into the finger, there was still a scab on it so I picked it off, started to squeeze from the knuckle towards the first joint and this yellow puss like thing was showing, I dabbed it with a cotton bud but it was hard.

I got a pair of tweezers and started pulling and this is what came out.

As you can see it's huge, it was a sac of puss in a tough skin envelope, when it came away a jet of blood spurted out the wound.
It's been in there for a year, I knew there was something in there but 3 docs and 5 nurses didn't believe me.

I went to the casuals earlier and the doc hadn't a clue either, anyways, It's out now thanks to nobody but myself, they took my BP and said it was high, I said that aint surprising mate after all I've been through the past 14 months with amateurs, they dressed it and said there was no infection, I bid them good day and left.

Tomorrow I'll visit my GP and leave a flea in his ear too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 12:34 PM

Goodness me Nero! That's amazing what came out.....your first aid DIY did the trick! I trust you flushed it well with an antiseptic wash after

Let's hope that's the end of it now and your finger will heal once and for all...
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 12:35 PM

Good job I haven't eaten!

Well, lets hope that's the end of it Nero and I'm sure whatever that is is better out than in.

Isn't it sad that so often it seems no one listens unless you SHOUT or nag? Who should know whether a body is happy or not better than the owner of that body?
nero
Central Scotland

25-10-2009, 02:00 PM

Ha ha, it's in a test tube with a cap on it, my GP's gonna be pleased tomorrow eh.

When I pulled it out the skin on top of my finger collapsed like a cave-in. The skin around the sac is really tough, I've cleaned wounds before, and not just my injuries, but I've never seen anything like this, it measures 1/2 an inch.

All in all I've had 8 courses of AB's over 14 months and not one medic actually touched my finger, I could feel there was something in there, it was moving about under the skin.

It's a true saying, . . "physician heal thy self", . . only I aint a physician.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 10:26 PM

I'd give them a flea in the ear too! Hope your finger now heals quickly.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

29-10-2009, 01:01 PM

How's your finger now Nero......is it healing well?
nero
Central Scotland

29-10-2009, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How's your finger now Nero......is it healing well?
It's coming on thanks Mags, the redness has gone but the skin on the knuckle of the first joint is a bit hard, probably due to how swollen it's been for over a year. I shall apply some lanolin cream there to soften it.

During my visit to my GP on Monday about my BP I had the test tube with the "sac" in my pocket but he was out on house calls.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top